The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kooks Custom Headers installed! Video Clip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BANa76VNjC2/?taken-by=kooksheaders

I'm not sure how to post a link to Instagram, but here she is. 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" into a 3" X-Pipe with Cats. This is with the OEM cat back. They short shifted it big time. I can't wait to hear it on the dyno.

That sounds pretty good and is also very loud. How does it sound driving it on the street?

I don't have her back yet. It will be dyno'd at Roush Yates to validate the improvements. There will be a full press release when the design has been finalized.

It does sound great with nice gains without tuning. Joe can you confirm whether you are getting a MIL/CEL for cat efficiency or not running the stock tune? The thing I miss most about my Boss is the sound of the Kooks LTs and X pipe.

Here's the tech write up on this system. I sure hope this wasn't the cause of the fire on Joe's car. It looks extremely well thought out and executed. I'm in for these mufflers so I don't have to keep switching to loud mode. ;D

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/exhaust/tech-gt350-gets-a-power-boost-from-kooks-custom-headers/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=tech-gt350-gets-a-power-boost-from-kooks-custom-headers

2016-04-22_01-53-14.jpg
2016-04-22_03-23-02.jpg
2016-04-22_03-24-36.jpg
2016-04-22_03-23-55.jpg
2016-04-22_03-24-50.jpg
2016-04-22_03-23-20.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel