The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kooks new headers. NO CEL!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I assume you are referring to the pypes? If so, I have their catted x. I don't believe they offer a boss side pipe h.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
yes I am

stang tv has more info on these
http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/exhaust/dyno-tested-kooks-super-street-series-headers-for-2011-up-mustang/

Justin said:
did they come out with a mid pipe that retains the side exhaust? If they did I'll jump on them

Yes more power than stock and less that x pipe. I love me side exhaust too much

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW1zRLjkOeY[/youtube]

Justin

LP Heaven said:
Yes more power than stock and less that x pipe. I love me side exhaust too much
nice thanks for the link I like the side by side exhaust sound clip. how much was the difference in power?
What mufflers you running on the car in that video?

ARH has an x pipe for their long tubes that retains the side exhaust. Leaning towards that set up as they are the only one I have found that does an x pipe with long tubes that retains the side exhaust.

Justin said:
nice thanks for the link I like the side by side exhaust sound clip. how much was the difference in power?

ARH has an x pipe for their long tubes that retains the side exhaust. Leaning towards that set up as they are the only one I have found that does an x pipe with long tubes that retains the side exhaust.

I'll find out the hp offset from this setup and post back:

Product ID: 60-42-ORH-302BOSS
◦Off Road H Pipe
◦3 in. Inlet
◦2 3/4 in. OEM Outlet
◦Must Be Used w/Kooks Headers
◦Stainless
-Rob

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Justin said:

The difference in power using the O/R h pipe w/ side exhaust is - 4-5 hp. This is from Mike at American Muscle - was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes chatting about this setup.

-Rob

pufferfish said:
if anyones interested, a group buy is going on at corral.net for these headers. this group buy price is a lot lower than my cost! i would love to sell headers to you, but if theres a better deal than what i can do, i am ok bowing out. price is $559 shipped. they need 4 more to make the deal happen.

Make that 3 more....I'm in!

Justin

LP Heaven said:
The difference in power using the O/R h pipe w/ side exhaust is - 4-5 hp. This is from Mike at American Muscle - was on the phone with him for about 30 minutes chatting about this setup.

-Rob
thanks for finding out. I prefer the H-pipe sound. Its worth the 4 hp to me

pufferfish said:
if anyones interested, a group buy is going on at corral.net for these headers. this group buy price is a lot lower than my cost! i would love to sell headers to you, but if theres a better deal than what i can do, i am ok bowing out. price is $559 shipped. they need 4 more to make the deal happen.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/s-197-mustang-gt-2011/1414593-kooks-new-mid-length-headers-coyote-new-post.html
I emailed MMS from corral.net and the group buy is $573. Also found a group buy from a place in Jersey called JDM for $575. Where is the group buy for $559 or do you think they changed the price?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
my bad. i assumed it was a flat rate to all. guess it was that price because of how close i am to them and the shipping was less? still better than my cost at $573!

pufferfish said:
my bad. i assumed it was a flat rate to all. guess it was that price because of how close i am to them and the shipping was less? still better than my cost at $573!

Oh ok no problem. Just thought maybe I was going to the wrong place. Thanks for the heads up. These headers will be fine with the track key right?

Ok thanks. I'll have to put my order in so I can get a set. Think these will net a couple more horsepower on the Boss then a GT that these were dyno tested on?

Many say $575 is too much for a 10 HP gain, but how many people do you know that dropped 6 or $7K on a FI setup to get 100HP gain? Do the math and it isn't too bad. Just my 2 cents.

Justin

wwilde001 said:
Many say $575 is too much for a 10 HP gain, but how many people do you know that dropped 6 or $7K on a FI setup to get 100HP gain? Do the math and it isn't too bad. Just my 2 cents.
whats funny is I have seen that the bbk equal length headers make 14hp with stock cats no cel.....cheaper and equal length...
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/BBK-16325/2011-Mustang-50L-Bbk-1-3-4-Tuned-Length-Stainless-Steel-Head

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/BBK-16320/2011-Mustang-50L-Bbk-1-3-4-Tuned-Length-Ceramic-Headers

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/BBK-1632/2011-Mustang-50L-Bbk-1-3-4-Tuned-Length-Chrome-Headers

Justin said:
whats funny is I have seen that the bbk equal length headers make 14hp with stock cats no cel.....cheaper and equal length...

The "up to 14 HP" is with hi-flow cats. Here is LMR's statement....
" BBK has shown up to a 14 horsepower gain with these headers and a high flow catted mid-pipe alone!"

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel