The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kudos to Northwoods Shelby Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Northwoods Shelby Club hosted its spring fling event at Road America this weekend. It was my first event with the club and I have to tell you it was awesome! Hats off to the club for a safe, fun, friendly event with mega track time! Since its close to my home town, I was even able to see my 90 year old car enthusiast dad! Friendly advice from fellow drivers helped to shave lap times. Its really cool when your fellow drivers want you to go faster! Looking forward to the next event with Northwoods Shelby Club, but before that will be a track weekend with the Northstar BMW club at Brainerd International Raceway June 5th and 6th.RA-0421.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
I would wholeheartedly agree. I've attended 3 of their events and every one is spot on professional and well organized. If only everyone in the world was a track rat ... we could all live in peace and harmony. 😎 Car enthusiasts are the kindest and most helpful there is. I saw you drive by twice on the way back to your paddock spot ... Avalanche Gray is my favorite 350 color. See you back in June?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
I would wholeheartedly agree. I've attended 3 of their events and every one is spot on professional and well organized. If only everyone in the world was a track rat ... we could all live in peace and harmony. 😎 Car enthusiasts are the kindest and most helpful there is. I saw you drive by twice on the way back to your paddock spot ... Avalanche Gray is my favorite 350 color. See you back in June?
I'm running at Brainerd the first weekend of June. But I'm looking at a Blachhawk Farms event later in the year. I will for sure make more events with this club!

Road America (America's National Park of Speed) is the only track I go to and gain weight. The breakfast sandwiches and sausages are incredible, I hope the church group is still selling home made ice cream, and the souvenir shops are also great. How did you like running down through Canada Corner?
It's a great corner to spectate as well.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Road America (America's National Park of Speed) is the only track I go to and gain weight. The breakfast sandwiches and sausages are incredible, I hope the church group is still selling home made ice cream, and the souvenir shops are also great. How did you like running down through Canada Corner?
It's a great corner to spectate as well.
The Gearbox was open, had a brat, double cheeseburger and a ham, sausage, bacon and cheese egger! Yes, one can certainly gain a pound or two. The Paddock Shop is open and well stocked! We used the "Kink" this past weekend so the back part (Kettle Bottoms) was extra fun. I love diving into Canada corner and preparing for a good exit from 14 and carrying speed up the main straight. I do think my favorite part of the track is turn 3 to 5.

Since I was 17 and working at a vintage race team the Eggert has been a hangover miracle lol some of my best memories are hanging out with old drivers and drinking and dancing at Sebkins. Now I just have to pass that down to my kids

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Minnesota
Since I was 17 and working at a vintage race team the Eggert has been a hangover miracle lol some of my best memories are hanging out with old drivers and drinking and dancing at Sebkins. Now I just have to pass that down to my kids
The egger either cures the hang or makes you puke! Either way.... rock on! Siebkin's was open but not at full function. Still way cool to visit for a few beers. Lake Street Tavern, The Paddock Clun and Route 67 were open and pretty busy. Plan to head back for Vintage in May.

Yeah he loves going we have boss 302 slot cars and when he saw the a blue one and red one last year it clicked in his brain that the cars he plays with are real and awsome. So now whenever I tell
He we will be going he gets super excited and brings his slot cars with him lol

TMO Supporting Vendors