The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca - Black or Silver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fangstang said:
Its a flip of a coin for me. I wouldnt mind either color

have you decided on an LS for sure? If so it's probably a benefit to be open on color.

Mark said:
fangstang said:
Its a flip of a coin for me. I wouldnt mind either color

have you decided on an LS for sure? If so it's probably a benefit to be open on color.

I havent, but if I did it wouldnt matter. I think they both look great. I'm sure the black will out sell the silver 3-1 though.

Here's a link for more photos of a black LS. While I've seen many of these photos there's a few I haven't seen before. Plus they are very large files. Check out the photo of the full undercarriage of the LS.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-ar94925/pictures.html

5 DOT 0 said:
Here's a link for more photos of a black LS. While I've seen many of these photos there's a few I haven't seen before. Plus they are very large files. Check out the photo of the full undercarriage of the LS.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-ar94925/pictures.html

Thanks - looks good in all colours !

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
BLACK OF COURSE ! Even CLOUD knows it's the faster color ! ;D ;D ;D

Seriously - get any color you can get your hands on and track the car - you won't care if it's passion pink once you hit the asphalt !

I agree, black. Like Pete says it doesn't matter. Once you track this thing you won't care. It is awesome.

I have a sliver LS and went with silver for two reasons. First the red accents stand out much better on the sliver and two many of the LS's are being built in black and I did not want to have a car like everyone else has. I read a post a while back stating that approximately 20% of the LS's are silver.
Bob

engineguy said:
I have a sliver LS and went with silver for two reasons. First the red accents stand out much better on the sliver and two many of the LS's are being built in black and I did not want to have a car like everyone else has. I read a post a while back stating that approximately 20% of the LS's are silver.
Bob

I got a Black LS and here in Canada there are only 35 LS's in total. So I'm not too worried about running into many other Black LS's. :)

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Surely you jest ?

It's like discussing fine wines and beautiful women. It's fun to do and there is no wrong answer ! ::)

(PS: Black looks better and is faster too ;D )

PeteInCT

Connecticut
How about Black or Red on the wheels? Here's a pic of my 'wet' tires (Conti Extreme Contact) mounted on Ford Racing black painted wheels. Most people who've seen them like the black better actually. I'm not so sure ???

BlackFordRacingWheels.jpg

PeteInCT said:
How about Black or Red on the wheels? Here's a pic of my 'wet' tires (Conti Extreme Contact) mounted on Ford Racing black painted wheels. Most people who've seen them like the black better actually. I'm not so sure ???
I'm glad you got the photo posted. I like either color on the black LS. I'd run the red for track wheels and black on the street mainly because black won't show the brake dust as much.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
True point on the brake dust for sure.

I went with the Conti Extreme Contact's cuz Michelin still doesn't make Piloot Super Sports in the sizes needed for the Boss. That;s the best wet tire I've used so far and it was pretty darn good as a dry tire also considering it's not an R-Comp. The Continental's got a pretty good review as a wet tire from Tire Rack so hopefully they'll do well. They're also 1/2 the price of the Pirelli Corsa's ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors