The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca - Black or Silver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So my plan is for an Ingot Silver LS although the only LS I have been able to see in person was black which looked very cool and stood out as a special car. My wife even liked the red accents (I did not see that happening).

Black looks great on everything, makes the car look slightly smaller, and downright evil on a performance car. BUT, requires a ton of work to keep in good shape or even reasonably clean and tends to hide the lines (the hips on the 10+ look great).

Silver shows off the body lines, and has that mechanical look fitting of the Boss (I like cars made of metal not plastic). The downside with silver is that it blends in but I don't think, given the giant red wheels, that will be an issue with this car, lol. I also think there is a good chance silver will be more rare than the black partly due to black being so popular and also due to most of the images/video coming out of Ford showing the car in black.

Anyone seen both or better yet seen them side by side?

Mark said:
So my plan is for an Ingot Silver LS although the only LS I have been able to see in person was black which looked very cool and stood out as a special car. My wife even liked the red accents (I did not see that happening).

Black looks great on everything, makes the car look slightly smaller, and downright evil on a performance car. BUT, requires a ton of work to keep in good shape or even reasonably clean and tends to hide the lines (the hips on the 10+ look great).

Silver shows off the body lines, and has that mechanical look fitting of the Boss (I like cars made of metal not plastic). The downside with silver is that it blends in but I don't think, given the giant red wheels, that will be an issue with this car, lol. I also think there is a good chance silver will be more rare than the black partly due to black being so popular and also due to most of the images/video coming out of Ford showing the car in black.

Anyone seen both or better yet seen them side by side?
Mark,
I saw the LS in Ingot Silver @ the Phoenix auto show and I thought it looked stunning.

Mark said:
... BUT, requires a ton of work to keep in good shape or even reasonably clean and tends to hide the lines...
I've promised myself I will not ever again have a white or black car. Silver would get my vote.

I'm with the others and I vote Silver. As I mentioned in a previous thread here's a link to photos of a silver LS from the SacAutoShow.

http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/duffinator1/Mustang/

The black LS in the Speed Channel documentary looked REALLY COOL out on the track. But black is a PITA to keep clean.

BTW had trouble inserting the hyperlink, what's the trick to inserting a link?

P1010474.jpg

with photobucket click share and then copy the link for posting to a forum under "link code"

DAMN good photo!

That model was much cuter in person. She was talking about the car and asked the question how many shock adjustments it had. She was surprised when I said five.

Still not having any luck with the links. I do this all the time on other boards, not sure why it's not working here. I'm clinking on the insert image link and pasting the url and a small box shows up instead of the photo. ???

I ordered black. If I was it to be a DD, I probably would have gone with silver. Black is a PITA, but to me, it just looked better in my eyes. A lot of the horizontal surface is red, so it won't be as much a PITA as it could have been.

I think that it will hold me in place and not crack up like my leather'd up Fords have in the past;)

Seriously, the cloth looked good and appropriate. My only concern looking at the interior was actually the alcantara steering wheel. The only alcantara I have been exposed to is in a Porsche which I didn't think Fords matched up to (are there differing quality levels with this product?). With this in mind, my concern wasn't actually the look so much but rather how it will hold up long term.

If it is the same as the GT500's, which are on the 10 & 2 and 8 & 4 positions on the steering wheel, it appears to be of good quality though material will absorb liquids (sweat) and prone for stains as opposed to the leather. It is firm and in place as when new.

As a precaution I wash my hands before I drive. The solution or alternative is to wear soft material gloves specially when on the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors