The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna seca june 21st SPEED SF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey @flyhalf just chimed in on another thread and just saw this one. I'll be there in my black 17gt350R! Going to be testing out the new Porsche spec 102Y cup 2's on the front as well.

Im not sure if I still will blow sound, even at 103, the R is just so loud for this track. See you there!

Hey @flyhalf just chimed in on another thread and just saw this one. I'll be there in my black 17gt350R! Going to be testing out the new Porsche spec 102Y cup 2's on the front as well.

Im not sure if I still will blow sound, even at 103, the R is just so loud for this track. See you there!
AWESOME!
what group you are?
I have another friend coming with his 350R.
Should be a nice event!
and I really hope not to blow sound too.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Looks like Compass Racing will be there - I’m pretty sure that has to be their 2019 Senna and their 570 GT4. That Senna is incredible to watch on track - I followed it through 8 & 9 on Big Willow and the active aero is visually incredible. Let’s just say that when we hit the straight, the Senna was quickly out of sight and the free looks were over!

I told you @flyhalf!! The advanced group is packing heat this weekend.
Looking forward to seeing your setup.

also... Sub 30’s?!? That is absoute lightning.
Well he did 25 with the ferrari GT3
27 with a stock ford GT!

I'll be trying my new setup all day so I really hope to be on pace with the others.
Just changed : springs and swaybar, so it is all to be set up :)
But maybe i can try to follow them and the bring me to the sub40 land!!
We will see :)
Looking forward to meeting you.
Alex

I didn’t get a garage I’ll park nearby @flyhalf!

thunderhill was fun yesterday,120 degree track temps toward the last few sessions. Looking forward to cooling off tomorrow, around 70 degrees should make for a great day!

See you there!
-Elliot

What a day..
So many good things so many bad things.
Dont even know where to start
Bad things
A friend destroyed his mustang. Thankfully he is ok.
I went 4 wheel off at the corkscrew. The splitter bent my front fascia. I ran other 4 session with it tho. So at least the project is solid. At the end however i found out os completely broken under. So need to replace it.
Transmission started to give me signs...this is already my second gearbox..
Sonincan recognize when somenthing is ready to fail

Pros. Started to do the right lines.
PB and I think new street mustang record on street tire. (Gotta double check though)
New set up works. Although car oversteers.
Gotta figure out if there is some changes I could do to improve in turn exit.

I'm tired now but tomorrow I'll put on the video. Ale

20200621_085715_HDR.jpg

20200621_085653_HDR.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors