The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca MTR Exhaust and Exterior Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Before and after video. Note the deleted red pieces from the car in the second video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/MRTcars#p/a/u/1/6zVbO25VhMY

http://www.youtube.com/MRTcars#p/a/u/0/yL50zApdQ24

Not sure why you get rid of the red roof and hood and keep the red wheels. Different but not better IMO. The rear exhaust sounds good, but to me it did drone on the highway. Not that it matters much to me since I usually have the stereo too loud to hear it and windows down. I assume they deleted the side pipes. At the end of the day I'm not sure they ended up any better than just pulling the side discs. I didn't see it on their website even though he said it's available. Any idea on price? He doesn't say if there's any performance gain from the high-flow H-pipe.

It looked a little better lowered, but almost not enough rake now. He mentioned wanting to get it on the track several times. To me, it isn't really helpful to know they lowered it, and increased the spring rates without any before and after lap time comparisons. I'd want to know if it helped/hurt the performance.

5 DOT 0 said:
There's no red on the LS hood. ;) Now if someone comes out with an exhaust and it sounds just like a Porsche Carrera GT then I might think about it. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXb9JYYFfI
Oh yea :-[ That Porsche exhaust sounds great.

5 DOT 0 said:
There's no red on the LS hood. ;) I also assume they removed the side pipes but who knows. Unless there's a noticeable HP bump from changing the exhaust mine will be staying stock. Now if someone comes out with an exhaust and it sounds just like a Porsche Carrera GT then I might think about it. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXb9JYYFfI
Adding that to my short list :)
I love the howling fury of that exhaust.

I am (im)patiently waiting on my black/red LS..I had THOUGHT I'd like the roof black...however after seeing the black roof, grill and wing I'm pretty sure I'm gonna leave mine stock...it just looks like every other GT without the distinctive paint.

ulev1st said:
I am (im)patiently waiting on my black/red LS..I had THOUGHT I'd like the roof black...however after seeing the black roof, grill and wing I'm pretty sure I'm gonna leave mine stock...it just looks like every other GT without the distinctive paint.

When I initially saw the LS paint schemes back in August, I wanted to do exactly what MRT did with the paint plus add different wheels. I almost didn't buy an LS because of the gawdy red paint.

Now, I have really changed my tune and I can't imagine having it any other way. It really stands out and looks so much better in person than in pictures.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I think the colors they did looked good on the car. Keeping the rims and the side C stripe and putting everything else to black looks really mean I think, which I think if it's the Boss, he's gotta have some clout. All of the red on the LS was just saying hey look at me. This is nice and subdued and I like it.

As far as the mods go, #s are what's going to sell me on them. Doesn't do me much good without those.

Well, he said it was their "MaxFlow H-Pipe" ($516) and "Interceptor" ($520) axle-back exhaust. If you look at their site, their Interceptor already fits the '11 GT and GT500, so their current products either just bolted-up, or they made whatever fine tuning they needed to make it fit. Figure the prices to be about the same. Based on their product descriptions, these products are primarily intended to improve sound. There are no claims that these improve performance, even on a GT. Nothing wrong with that. Obviously, Ford engineers spent time developing the side pipes, primarily for the sound, not for any flow benefits. They judged the GT exhaust to flow enough already.

In my estimation, the only performance to be gained from an aftermarket exhaust (on a Boss) is a possible weight-loss benefit from the removal of the side pipes. I'm guessing other benefits will be minimal.

Jimmy

When I first saw pictures of the LS I was going to buy a regular Boss in yellow to match my 70. Then decided to buy the LS and have it painted like Bud Moore's 69 (a poster hangs over my tool box and I love it). Then I saw the LS in person and loved it.I'm not changing anything.

TMO Supporting Vendors