The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca on the street?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So my Race Red 2012 now has 45K miles on it. Seriously considering selling it and then purchasing another Boss with low mileage once the GT350 hits the market. I don't frequent the track, but I've grown very comfortable pushing the limits of this car.
My question is - would any of you LS owners recommend the LS for the street? Is the suspension too tight on city streets???

Bought a super low mile 2013 LS in September (less than 60 miles). Would not recommend it for long trips. I drive mine to work a couple of times a week and it's great. I never drive it in the rain.....

The only thing I can think of that might concern you on the street, is the front splitter. I only drive mine on the street. I never installed the splitter. I've driven nearly 11,000 miles. It's more comfortable to drive than a Viper.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Silver LS said:
Bought one last December. It is not a daily driver but a lot of fun. I have the shocks set on 5 and anything over a
hundred miles is tiring. :)

Turn them down to 2 for the street...

The only thing I would be concerned about is the splitter dragging on driveways or parking blocks.

I first owned a '12 Boss and now a '13 Laguna. I cannot imagine that you will find a big difference in terms of day-to-day living with the cars. It's not like the Lagunas run rock hard springs or anything.

When my DD was in the shop for hail damage repair, I even drove my Laguna in the rain for a few days on the OE PZero Corsas and it was fine.

Buy it drive it and enjoy it! A LS is completely live able on the street there is a little bit thought around the front splitter when parking and speed bumps in addition to noise (but the exhaust is one of the best part).

While mine not a daily driver is does see plenary of street and track time and has just over 24k on it. Long trips not a problem multiple trips from TX to Eastern TN amd TX to NC.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
I cannot imagine a big difference between the 13 boss and the 13 ls. only the front splitter and the tires i would change if i would drive the ls as dd.

I drive mine on nice days. It was ok stock, if you have driven any low sports cars before then there are no issues (angle into steep driveways etc). Now that I'm on Koni yellow's and H&R race springs it is a rougher ride for sure but still doable to drive everyday if you're a corning nut like I am.

Like previously mentioned, the only "difficulty" you'd encounter driving a LS on the streets would be not scraping the front splitter and trans scoop, if they're installed on the car.

I've driven my LS to the All Ford Show in Carlisle PA 3 times from KY, drove to the 50th in Charlotte. No problems with the car, splitter is on the too. Plus I never pull into a parking spot, back end and you will never hit a curb with it. LS is still stock, 8300 miles. From Charlotte to Ky during the 50th it rained all the way home, no problem, just need to be smarter than the right foot.

If I may ask the OP, why sell with 'only' 45K miles on it only to get a Laguna? Is there anything 'wrong' with your 2012? It's easier (and cheaper) to buy the pedestal spoiler and Laguna front splitter along with some FRPP 302S wheels and call it your own Laguna - AND, you know the car's history.... Add the popular suspension mods and you're a step ahead of a stock Laguna.

Full disclosure - When I bought my Yellow Blaze 2012, I never thought I'd want the Laguna bits on my car. Fast forward 3.5 years and my car is now a front splitter away from being a Yellow Blaze Laguna Seca.... Of course, I did and I am doing the additions for track usage (spoiler and splitter for aero, rear seat delete to go with Cooltech rollbar and the Laguna gauge pod for monitoring engine fluids), but I'm still surprised I went down that path. Now which vendor was I going to order that front splitter through???

Z20WHAT said:
If I may ask the OP, why sell with 'only' 45K miles on it only to get a Laguna? Is there anything 'wrong' with your 2012? It's easier (and cheaper) to buy the pedestal spoiler and Laguna front splitter along with some FRPP 302S wheels and call it your own Laguna - AND, you know the car's history.... Add the popular suspension mods and you're a step ahead of a stock Laguna.

Full disclosure - When I bought my Yellow Blaze 2012, I never thought I'd want the Laguna bits on my car. Fast forward 3.5 years and my car is now a front splitter away from being a Yellow Blaze Laguna Seca.... Of course, I did and I am doing the additions for track usage (spoiler and splitter for aero, rear seat delete to go with Cooltech rollbar and the Laguna gauge pod for monitoring engine fluids), but I'm still surprised I went down that path. Now which vendor was I going to order that front splitter through???
LOL Although I added the LS rear wing the first week I had my car I never thought I'd have a Laguna Feca (LF) but I do. No gauge pod and I don't plan on adding one. Like you said mine is beyond a Laguna Seca suspension wise. I even have a LS emblem on the back along with the other NorCal track stickers. With the exception of the emblem all parts are functional. The only thing mine is missing is the pixie dust. ;)

IMG_3669_zps91eef3f1.jpg

The car is fine - but I haven't been gentle with it. I'm anticipating a price drop when the GT350 hits the street, and thought it would be nice to "start over" with a lower mileage car. I want to say that I would baby the next one and not drive it as often......but that's going to be tough. LOL.

Ive recently bought a 13 LS as a keeper and plan on selling the 13 stock Boss some time later this year, i didnt feel a difference between them on the road although ive not tried them back to back yet, hopefully ill notice the difference on track

I decided to do it and traded mine for a low mileage LS this week. Feels quite different to me, but I haven't been through the car completely. It has some camber dialed in to it and possibly other mods I am not aware of. My goal is to only drive to car or track events. Hated watching the miles add up on my previous Boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors