The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca on Top Gear USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=357GZ9gF-5s[/youtube]

Tanner is a little silly.

Nice, thanks for the link. The next few months are going to be brutal waiting for our cars to arrive. It would be nice if Ford released some video of the cars in action, preferably devouring an M3. ;)

Thanks, Mark.

About the sound - a few questions -

Were the two small plates removed?
Was the TracKey programming used?

If not, I wonder what the differences would sound like.

Vince,

I think in the video the car has the restrictors removed as it sounds alot louder than I recall.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Vince said:
Me three ! (My neighbors on one side may not agree)

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. My current Mustang is pretty loud, I think they are used to it. Not sure how much louder the BOSS will be once the attenuator plates are pulled--but we will find out! ;D

Tony Alonso said:
Silly Tanner...

knowing that he is a big 911 fan (I think there are 30+ variants?) I have to assume that they needed a naysayer for the segment. Brewing up a little controversy is good for ratings.

GA
Big Vito said:
it was on episode 3
http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-america-01x03_2095664.htm

Oh, I remember that now. I remember the wife saying, "Ewwww, that car is ugly". I was thinking to myself, "No rides for you". ;D

PJWANNABE said:
Big Vito said:
it was on episode 3
http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-america-01x03_2095664.htm

Oh, I remember that now. I remember the wife saying, "Ewwww, that car is ugly". I was thinking to myself, "No rides for you". ;D
LoL! I had a couple people tell me the silver one is ugly.

....knowing that he is a big 911 fan (I think there are 30+ variants?) I have to assume that they needed a naysayer for the segment. Brewing up a little controversy is good for ratings.

Interesting. I was waiting for the other host to bring-up the 911. He can't tell Mustangs apart? AND he's a fan of a car that hasn't changed its looks in 50 years? THAT makes sense. ::)

That's so 'tarded that I agree with your assesment. It was there for faux-consternation. I haven't run into a single car guy yet, who doesn't respect the Boss for its substance, whether they like the looks or not. Hell, I don't even like all of the visual decisions. Didn't stop me from ordering only the second new car (and by far most expensive car) I have ever owned in my life (I'm 43 and have owned about 14 or 15 cars). In fact, I have a buddy who is a dyed-in-the-wool F-body and Chevy guy. Per requirement of that tribe, swears that he "hates" Fords. But, he knew I was thinking about buying a Boss and he happened to see one being offloaded from the train, for delivery to the dealership. He said he really liked it (just don't tell his peeps).

It's just TV. Thanks for the clip!

Jimmy

TMO Supporting Vendors