The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca...one long weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well we did not get the results we wanted at Laguna Seca, we ended up with a crewman in the hospital a sick driver (Andrew) and one tore up race car. We never found the setup and qual'd 17th and 23rd. The primary car was hit on the first turn, first lap by 2 porsches that got together and came across the the track, we found a bent panhard bar 2 bent wheels and damaged suspension but were able to get the car back on track and not lose a lap. When Kurt got out of the 32 we put Don Knowles in , Preston kept the 35 competitive and Andrew got into it on the pit stop.

6zz2JGc.jpg

During the second half of the race the suspension finally failed on the 32 and it went into the tire wall ..hard.

AIJPsd8.jpg

0UjJWmK.png .

The 35 finished 17th never really finding the speed.
There was a lot of other issues as well, particularly the schedule, which had to be made up by some kind of crack addict,for instance we ran our first practice (which everyone does, using up their old tires for setup) which ended at 5:30 only to find Continental closed at 5pm causing a MASSIVE backup when virtually all of the ST and GS class cars turned up at 7am for tires since Friday practice started at 9:30am! I told Joe that it was the first time I didn't think we would have tires on the car since I worked there. Which is NOT acceptable......BTW we went through 10 sets at $1400 each on the weekend.

NV9LnDP.jpg

The good news is the team really came together covering all the bases and keeping the cars on track as much as possible and slugging it out for the entire event.

C2X471i.jpg

and of course, there's this.....

3Hi8377.jpg

QjofVeC.jpg

Rob it was nice meeting you and the rest of the crew and thanks for showing us all your tire secrets. Rob is a busy guy at the races.

After the race we also checked out the Multimatic and Racers Edge cars and it was amazing how beat up all the cars were. I'm glad nobody was hurt.

NFSBOSS said:
Rob it was nice meeting you and the rest of the crew and thanks for showing us all your tire secrets. Rob is a busy guy at the races.

After the race we also checked out the Multimatic and Racers Edge cars and it was amazing how beat up all the cars were. I'm glad nobody was hurt.

I haven't even seen the final scoring..and those aren't ALL the secrets...lol

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel