The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca rear spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes and no. The stock spoiler has four holes. The LS spoiler has eight holes and uses the four holes from the original spoiler. Some people have not drilled the four extra holes to mount the spoiler since it also uses adhesive tape. Personally if I installed the LS spoiler I'd drill the holes. Member 2012Boss installed a non OEM LS spoiler and has a thread on the subject somewhere here.

I'm planning on installing a GT500 spoiler and it uses the same four holes as the stock Boss spoiler.

2t-new-wing-15_trucarbon_gt500_parts_blue_white_cy.jpg

I did not get the Ford LS/CS spoiler but a replica from Sportwing. At least with mine you need to drill out all the hole of the spoiler will not sit flush, it may with the Ford piece but I can not say since I did not install that one. Just based on the design I would doubt it will be much different. I had it installed at first with the four rear holes and the two forward inside holes. You could see a little gap between the deck lid and the spoiler even with the tape. The bolts pull it flush to the lid.

Putting aside the 302S wing, the three spoilers people are talking about are the Steeda, LS/CS and GT500 wings. The steeda wing is a beautiful piece but looks like the most work as I think it requires different mounting holes all around. The LS spoiler looks great and I would guess (IMHO) it would give you most benefit on the track, the draw back is drilling four extra holes and the loss of visibility out the back, you can not see cars a good ten car lengths behind you so you need to rely more on your side mirrors. The GT wing I think will give you a little more down force then the base Ford spoiler, very easy to install but (to me) does not stand out as much as the other two wings, still looks nice but more suttle.

5 DOT 0 said:
Did you order it through your dealer? I ordered mine through CJPony and it's on back order with an ETA to them early next week and then another week to me. They shipped my wheels today. Are you going to install it or your dealer? If you do it please take install photos for me. ;D
Ordered through my dealer sales manager. His body shop is going to paint it and he's going to install it for me at his house. He installed one on his 5.0 already. He's also going to help me cut the fogs and put in the mesh. He pulled the fogs on his 5.0 and installed the mesh. It looks great. Seemed to help at BIR this weekend based on the comparison of IAT to ambient.

cloud9 said:
Ordered through my dealer sales manager. His body shop is going to paint it and he's going to install it for me at his house. He installed one on his 5.0 already. He's also going to help me cut the fogs and put in the mesh. He pulled the fogs on his 5.0 and installed the mesh. It looks great. Seemed to help at BIR this weekend based on the comparison of IAT to ambient.

All that should look good, I am surprised you were not the first one with a new wing on the Boss.

2012Boss said:
All that should look good, I am surprised you were not the first one with a new wing on the Boss.
LOL well as you can see all my mods are for performance. I didn't focus on the spoiler at first as I viewed it as mainly cosmetic. It wasn't until tiptoeing through Turns 1 and 2 at BIR at around 120-140 mph that I decided that the functional benefits of some additional downforce might help. That said, it does look pretty cool too ;)

cloud9 said:
2012Boss said:
LOL well as you can see all my mods are for performance. I didn't focus on the spoiler at first as I viewed it as mainly cosmetic. It wasn't until tiptoeing through Turns 1 and 2 at BIR at around 120-140 mph that I decided that the functional benefits of some additional downforce might help. That said, it does look pretty cool too ;)

120-140 mph ... wow ... sounds like a blast, but I would probably put my car into the wall if I tried it :eek:

Ok the new wing is on and IMO it's sweet ;D It is so much more massive (but not heavy) than the stock one, and I'm excited about the potential aero benefits at the track. I know there's been some discussion about using the GT500 spoiler as well, so I took some side by side shots comparing the two:

TMO Supporting Vendors