The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Laguna Seca tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
fuhrius said:
Grant, what tow hook are you using?

It's from Blowfish Racing...Rick has a thread on it here:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/tow-hooks-2241/

I have some pics of the install there. And thanks again for the LS tips...made sure I didn't NEED the tow hook ;D

Any Issue with the Max Sound Limits at LS? I almost went with SV last week but Aaron told me there was too many issues this year with the sound levels so I decided to wait and see how other Bosses did. I would be interested in going to Sonoma or LS in the Fall/early winter.

Ron

I have baffles out, at Sears Point it was not any louder listening from the stands than most of the other cars. It takes 5 min to swap the baffles, just bring them in case but I doubt you will need them.

Grant 302

motoviper said:
Any Issue with the Max Sound Limits at LS? I almost went with SV last week but Aaron told me there was too many issues this year with the sound levels so I decided to wait and see how other Bosses did. I would be interested in going to Sonoma or LS in the Fall/early winter.

Ron

Great question...no issues for me. I have Scott's 3/4" discs in and no other exhaust mods. I did bring my stock ones just in case, and a set of bolts to put in them if that didn't do it.

I didn't notice any cars not passing the sound check...but I didn't ask. Aaron did warn us that the old guy who complains just retired and is home all the time.

I only saw one other Boss there and he wasn't running. Chris has the silver LS and ran the other week.

Next time I go, I might uncork the driver's side ;)

They should get an injunction against the old guy as a nuisance instead of the other way around. It has been a track a long time and was an artillery firing range before that right? He knew when he moved there.

Grant was it 90 or 92 when you were there? When I was there three weeks ago it was 92 and I have 7/8" discs with GT500 mufflers and I had no issues. There were plenty of cars louder than mine although some of the Porsche cup cars did have some funny looking mufflers hanging off the back of their cars. :D I was told by a guy at Borelli Motorsports that wide open side discs will not pass 92.

A funny side note when I got out of my car when we parked in the paddock at 7:00 AM there was a set of stock discs laying on the ground. Weird.

Grant 302

Free discs...that is weird!

The limit was 92db when I was there. And there were a lot of cars with exhaust pointed to the upper left. Probably the weirdest was a Cobra with large black oval mufflers bolted in place of the sidepipes.

I almost bought Forza today, but I just want to go back!

Stuff like this?

IMG-20120616-00445.jpg

Maybe just put a baffle in the passenger side, with the helmet on I don't know how much you can hear the far pipe anyways.

5 DOT 0 said:
Grant 302 said:
I need to go back sooner than later.
Yeah LS is awesome. I'm shooting for Nov 3rd & 4th with Track Masters.

http://trackmasters-racing.com/index.cfm?H%3C%3C8%2AF%5BRH%40S%3BSF%28%29%3B6J%2ELDJQ%2DEH4%2B%3B5A%27KH%2E%28G%2BB9D5%2E%3DD99UN%2A%2EF%22%20%20%20%0Aurle

Hooked on Driving also has a number of events there, Thunderhill, Infineon etc.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooked-on-driving-events

Grant 302

JeffIsHereToo said:
Hooked on Driving also has a number of events there, Thunderhill, Infineon etc.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooked-on-driving-events

My friend and I have been thinking of going back to Miller for their Thrilla in Tooele event 7/20-21...probably not going to make at this point either :(

TMO Supporting Vendors