The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Took the new car out for a few different track days recently.

VIR Full
2:04.1 (AIM SOLO 2)
315/30/18 A7 Slicks
This was my First day driving the car, excited to go back and see if we can get closer to that 2:00 Flat Mark!

Carolina MotorSports Park
1:43.37 (AIM SOLO 2)
305/680/18 Continental G6500 slicks

2011 Mustang GT - Gutted / Caged - Aero - BC Racing Coilovers - Pagid Pads - 15" Brembo Endurance Brakes
428 WHP roughly #3350 LB
DSC_0397.JPG

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That 5.0 is singing the " Song of the South ( Carolina )!" I could listen to this video all afternoon, what a sweet tone for a bad to the bone Mustang.

Off the subject , where did you get that shift knob? I had that on one of my Vipers I raced and it was my all time favorite. Never could remember where I got it or find another.

Also do you only weight 3350 with you in the car? If so that is damn perfect !

That 5.0 is singing the " Song of the South ( Carolina )!" I could listen to this video all afternoon, what a sweet tone for a bad to the bone Mustang.

Off the subject , where did you get that shift knob? I had that on one of my Vipers I raced and it was my all time favorite. Never could remember where I got it or find another.

Also do you only weight 3350 with you in the car? If so that is damn perfect !
Thanks Bil!
Earplugs are a requirement on this car, but it is a hoot to drive.
That being said, the shift knob was on there when purchased. I do love that piece though, very positive shifts.

That is a rough estimate on car weight only haha. I’m another 200 lb!

Track: Thunderhill East bypass
Date: 05/25/20
Best Time: 01:54.9
Car: 2018 PP1 10speed
Tires: Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R (305 Square)
Suspension: cortex JRi DA. eibach sway bars
Aero: GT250 Wing, homemade splitter

This was made with 100°F so I'm super happy.

Did I say i hate gopro? I have just the video from inside (GARMIN) but wasn't meant to watch out. I'm sorry :(

But it was a great day. My splitter worked. Didn't break. And did generate DF.

Screenshot_20200525-111232.png

Screenshot_20200525-111232.png

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal

VIR Full
315/30/18 A7 Slicks
This was my First day driving the car, excited to go back and see if we can get closer to that 2:00 Flat Mark!

2011 Mustang GT - Gutted / Caged - Aero - BC Racing Coilovers - Pagid Pads - 15" Brembo Endurance Brakes
428 WHP roughly #3350 LB
View attachment 16072
As Bill mentioned, that sound can’t be beat! You need to get a vehicle profile completed on this beast - very interested in the details. One question in the meantime - heel/toe or blip module?

As Bill mentioned, that sound can’t be beat! You need to get a vehicle profile completed on this beast - very interested in the details. One question in the meantime - heel/toe or blip module?
Thank you!
Definitely auto blip, don't judge! lol.
I know, it is quite an extensive list. The vast majority of it was completely by the prior owner. He took great care of this car and did everything right, it is an absolute blast to drive!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Thank you!
Definitely auto blip, don't judge! lol.
I know, it is quite an extensive list. The vast majority of it was completely by the prior owner. He took great care of this car and did everything right, it is an absolute blast to drive!
Definitely no judgment passed - it would be quite hypocritical if I did!

I really need to work on it but like the ability to keep my foot
Definitely no judgment passed - it would be quite hypocritical if I did!
1st time at Pitt Race full course. 1:59.20 2018 Mustang GT PP2, Michelin S9M slicks, ARH Headers, Corsa 3" Exhaust, Ford Performance sway bars, JLT CAI, Tractive Adaptive Coil Over suspension system.
how did you like Pittrace?
Worth driving from Charlotte N.C.?

I loved Mid O!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I really need to work on it but like the ability to keep my foot

how did you like Pittrace?
Worth driving from Charlotte N.C.?

I loved Mid O!
Pitt Race is surprisingly fun and fast. Very technical, @Black Boss likes to say there is one squiggle too much. The lap flows, awesome elevation changes and quality of the pavement is excellent. The folk that run VIR run it and have made huge infrastructure investments. Pro Shop is a little weak but overall it is A-. Do the trip with a double header to Mid Ohio which is only 2 hours away. Summit Racing is in between the two and saved my weekend when I had an oil hose failure, picked up all the parts needed Sunday at 4:45 pm, had the car cleaned and repaired to make the second session Monday morning at Mid O.

MD
I was also at Pitt Race last weekend. First time there and first time on track this year. This track was a blast and I'd like to drive it again.

Pitt full course. 1:59.70 (AiM Solo 2)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford Performance Track Handling Pack - M-FR3A-M8A
315/30R18 BFG Rival S 1.5 (Square)
Ferodo DS1.11

MD
1st time at Pitt Race full course. 1:59.20 2018 Mustang GT PP2, Michelin S9M slicks, ARH Headers, Corsa 3" Exhaust, Ford Performance sway bars, JLT CAI, Tractive Adaptive Coil Over suspension system.

May I ask what microphone set up you use? Mine is the AiM cable with in-line mic (with a small lavalier mic wind sock) but it still captures a lot of wind buffeting and yours sounds significantly clearer/better. Mine is also mounted behind the smartycam on the roll bar which may be part of the problem.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
May I ask what microphone set up you use? Mine is the AiM cable with in-line mic (with a small lavalier mic wind sock) but it still captures a lot of wind buffeting and yours sounds significantly clearer/better. Mine is also mounted behind the smartycam on the roll bar which may be part of the problem.
Mike I have the same Smarty Cam cable with mic on it. I let it sit on the rear seat delete bottom. Black Boss has the longer mic cable and lets his hang outside the trunk.

VIR Full
315/30/18 A7 Slicks

428 WHP roughly #3350 LB
View attachment 16072
Grabber Blue 302 is a nice touch....Wheels off is even better!!!!!!!!!!

I use a $10 lapel mic clipped to the license plate and it works extremely well.

Gingerman Raceway counter-clockwise. 1:42.2 best lap this past Sunday. Lots of traffic in the first half of the session including a GTR driver doing GTR things.

Track: Thunderhill East, Bypass
Time: 2:01.816
Car: 2016 GT350, Track Package
Wheels: 19x11 / 19x11.5 6GR Wheels
Tires: Pirelli DH take-off scrubs
Suspension: Vorshlag CC plates (-2.7F, -2.1R), FP Lowering Springs

On a crazy hot 101F day, I managed a new PB on my 3rd lap of my 1st session. First time back at Thunderhill in 2 years so I was still getting used to the track again but by the time I got the hang of it, the heat set in and I couldn't get any better than this one.

Recently enjoyed a weekend event at Big Willow. So much fun I’m still grinning. I’m pretty new to the car and the track (I have six days there) and already can’t wait to go back CA smog legal 2006 3V, 275/35/18 Nitto NT01, subframe connectors, basic aftermarket suspension- Ford “k” springs, Koni STRT shocks and struts, BMR control arms, Eibach sway bars, panhard bar. And the “cheater“-
Whipple 2.3l supercharger 91 octane tune. Pleased to turn a best of 1:40.2 with handheld stopwatch by my dad. The big joke is my dad’s slow reaction time kept me from breaking in to the 1:30’s

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Mid Ohio Pro Course
Track Addict timing
NASA Great Lakes Region
2013 v6 Mustang, 285 Hankook tires, boss 302 springs, strano bars, fays2 watts link, tune
1:45.557

Should have been a high 1:44 but i got pinched by a Miata on corner entry to T1.

Video @ 9:02
Screenshot_20200530-193657_TrackAddict.jpgScreenshot_20200530-193644_TrackAddict.jpg

Graphed/maped lap

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors