The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update to my Oregon Raceway Park entry, the rest can be deleted btw. I really need to start recording video again, times courtesy of AIM MXL.

Speedboosted--2011 Mustang GT/305 Conti scrubs/AP brakes/Watts/MCS TT2- 1:55.8

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
...any video on that run Serpent Stand? How did you end up doing in the SCCA Time Trials? I was hoping to go there , but with cage and other items go completely to the top of the Class , and I flat don't have the HP to fight with the ultra serious cars. You, hopefully, could run a reasonable Class with the 350R?

Track: Thunderhill East bypass
Date: 05/25/20
Best Time: 01:54.9
Car: 2018 PP1 10speed
Tires: Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R (305 Square)
Suspension: cortex JRi DA. eibach sway bars
Aero: GT250 Wing, homemade splitter

This was made with 100°F so I'm super happy.

Did I say i hate gopro? I have just the video from inside (GARMIN) but wasn't meant to watch out. I'm sorry :(

But it was a great day. My splitter worked. Didn't break. And did generate DF.

View attachment 16117

View attachment 16118
So was it 154.9 or 155.9? Either way you are a baaaaaaad man!

...any video on that run Serpent Stand? How did you end up doing in the SCCA Time Trials? I was hoping to go there , but with cage and other items go completely to the top of the Class , and I flat don't have the HP to fight with the ultra serious cars. You, hopefully, could run a reasonable Class with the 350R?

I unfortunately didn’t get the full lap on video due to my GoPro falling halfway through the lap. I ran unlimited 1 which was the fastest group. The 2:13 which was done in the first officially timed practice was good for 3rd overall out of all 190+ attendants. Unfortunately my shifter linkage broke in the first timed session, ending my event. But I’m excited to give it another go this year! You should give it a shot this year if you can make it. It’s a super fun event with lots of track time.

I unfortunately didn’t get the full lap on video due to my GoPro falling halfway through the lap. I ran unlimited 1 which was the fastest group. The 2:13 which was done in the first officially timed practice was good for 3rd overall out of all 190+ attendants. Unfortunately my shifter linkage broke in the first timed session, ending my event. But I’m excited to give it another go this year! You should give it a shot this year if you can make it. It’s a super fun event with lots of track time.
Paesan come to Cali!
Alessandro

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow, know a bunch of the guys who went, so feel your pain , but the speed was there and that is a small consolation -- though a great feeling. Do you also run with NASA in your area, as I know quite a few drivers double up with both groups for seat time in Time Trials. I was aware the time sounded pretty healthy but in the top three , you have some talent , my friend. Hope to see you at some event this year or next.

Wow, know a bunch of the guys who went, so feel your pain , but the speed was there and that is a small consolation -- though a great feeling. Do you also run with NASA in your area, as I know quite a few drivers double up with both groups for seat time in Time Trials. I was aware the time sounded pretty healthy but in the top three , you have some talent , my friend. Hope to see you at some event this year or next.
Thanks! I’ve only run with NASA Great Lakes once. I do plan to run TT2 in the future but had to put the 350R build on hold until my Gt500 gets here. Definitely hope to see ya out there!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great Lakes NASA is one of the best NASA Regions in the US. Good competition and I like to run with them once a year if possible . Not likely this year, and NASA Central ( where I normally run) has events at Heartland Motorsports Park and in Hastings ( where the Mustang Roundup is held in October ), so will get in some track time closer. New Regional Directors in our Region and things are going fantastic. Topeka is a pretty fast track and easy on tires, so that helps with ye olde rubber costs!!

You may even consider running there too, the TT2 Class often has a couple of GT 350Rs run, along with some other machines.

Good thing is you will meet some of the guys on TMO in either Region --- JD Krull ( Central), BlackBoss ( Great Lakes ) . Both of these guys run TT2.

Didn't realize @Duane Black was at Mid Ohio with NASA. Great weekend after rain on Friday. New PB in Race Car: GT350R ST2 car on Hoos R7's Club course: 1:36.52.

Didn't better my times on Pro Course, but had great racing with a 911, and managed the win by 3/10's on Saturday and a little more, Sunday

Video of fast lap (apologies for camera angle):

Last edited:
Always fun to watch @Black Boss race. We had great weather for the weekend (unless you were unlucky enough to be there Friday).

First time out with with the ApexPro for an actual time. Had to get use to the change in sway bars I made over the winter (that and the open passing in 3). However, I was able to run 1:40.30 on the club course Sunday afternoon. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but I was improving throughout the weekend.

518CAE1C-4014-40FF-AB69-FF2A7F8237FF.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Das Porsche Pincher Push fur der Pass ---------- squeeze play and glad you were on our toes Nick!! Nice lap earlier and hitting 150+ on the back straight is honking!

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Well for the first time in my four year career, I went to the same "overnight journey" track twice in a year, Road Atlanta, what a glorious track this is! I still can't decide if this place or VIR is my favorite, but I'll keep driving both until I figure it out.

I addressed my aggression in the first 30 seconds with this same link on the track time video thread.

With the car 70 lbs lighter than March, and my driving slightly improving in areas like T4/esses, I improved 1.1 second over my March times, which were run in 20 degree cooler weather than the below video....

so logisitcis

2013 V6 Mustang
Boss 302 springs, Strano Bars, 285/35R18 Hankook RS4 tires, other minor stuff
Road Atlanta
Harrys Lap Timer
1:44.18x

I think the big thread was updated since I posted ,but NCCAR can be run both directions. My counter clockwise lap is posted ,but my clockwise lap isn't. I know this thread must be a bear to update.

At the time, car was

2013 V6 Mustang
Stock strings, Strano Bars, 285/35R18 Hankook RS4 tires, other minor stuff.
NCCAR Clockwise
Harry's Lap Timer
1:38.68 (HEY, my car number for hundreths!)

Screenshot_20200615-091147_LapTimer.jpg

Screenshot_20200615-091155_LapTimer.jpg

Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2018 mustang pp1 10speed
Track/Course: LAGUNA SECA
Best Lap Time: 1:37.1
Brake Pads: ST47
Tires (Size & Model): 305MM 3R goodyear.
Suspension: CORTEX JRi
Other Mods: apr wing ,home made SPLITTER, tune e85

WHAT AN INTENSE DAY.many things happened. friend hitting the wall at the corkscrew. me going 4wheel of at the corkscrew too. TC issues, transmission failing....BUT A PB is always a PB. this improve 5 seconds my previous experience.
MY PREDICTED TIME WAS 1:35.6. the issues above and couple of ugly turns did the rest..i'll try again.
wonder what my car can do with HOOSIER ....
Hope you enjoy.
Alessandro

Road America on a hot weekend. Three quick laps, not my fastest of the weekend but a rare chance at three flyers with minimal traffic. It was 91* and full sun, track was slower than usual but still managed my person best for the weekend on Saturday 7/4/2020 1st AM session when it was only 79*. Added the Steeda 2 pc rotors for this event and even with the heat the brake feel is much better than on the OE rotors. Pad wear looks to be better as well. Now just need to see how the rotors themselves hold up.

Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2015 Ford Mustang GT/PP "The Deuce"
Track/Course: Road America with Northwoods Shelby Club 07-03-2020
This Session Best Lap Time: 2:27.38
Personal Best Lap Time: 2:26.78 (on 7/4/2020)
Virtual Best Lap Time: 2.26.10
Brake Pads: XP24f XP20r
Brake Rotors: Steeda 2pc front and rear
Tires (Size & Model): Pirelli Slicks 305/680/18 square (Take-Offs)
Suspension: RideTech Coilovers
Other Mods: GT350r wing, 3" Front Splitter, Velox Diffuser, TCB Diffuser extension, Floor Panels, Stock 5.0, 18 Manifold with Headers and TCB custom exhaust, TR-3160 trans, TCB Diff Cooler, TCB OIL Cooler, TCB Trans Cooler

Dave
TrackCarBuilds.com

TMO Supporting Vendors