The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
We need the video Hangman, pretty sure we can all view and find three/thousandths of a second to get you into the 1:28s , ha. Solid run with your new beast!!!

thanks Bill. I need to get it posted up so youguys can check it out.

I’m at Sebring now! First time ever here. Just ran 5 laps. What a blast!!!

managed a 2:29.04 on the first session. Got 4 more sessions today.I was just hoping for low 30’s wasn’t thinking I would get under a 30. Now I want to see if I can pick up a 1:26-1:28. My dad and I are having allot of fun out here.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
All those were done a few years back in "The Beast" my 2000 GT. This came off "MyLaps" for all results. I used an AMB transponder that I still have / it still works, I tested it yesterday. Not sure if it could still be useable?

All were done with NASA SE

Road Atlanta: 1:40.552.
  • 260 WHP my last setup as described in "My vehicles"

CMP : 1:50.559
  • The setup was stock 225 WHP / full interior and the the old Traction Lok diff / MM Panhard / LCA's / standard Bullit springs / caster camber plates / subframe connectors / steering rack bushing / offset delrin front a-arm bushings / off the shelf Bilstein sports / 275 Hankook R's

Barber - 1:47.391
  • The setup was stock 225 WHP / full interior and the the old Traction Lok diff / MM Panhard / LCA's / standard Bullit springs / caster camber plates / subframe connectors / steering rack bushing / offset delrin front a-arm bushings / off the shelf Bilstein sports / 275 Hankook R's

Roabling Road - 1:26.290
  • The setup was stock 225 WHP / full interior and the the old Traction Lok diff / MM Panhard / LCA's / standard Bullit springs / caster camber plates / subframe connectors / steering rack bushing / offset delrin front a-arm bushings/ off the shelf Bilstein sports / 275 Hankook R's

Rockingham - 1:10.331

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Looks like Goldie is still a pretty salty ole girl , polishing off a BMW and more. She does run a nice line at Road Atlanta too, and having run there three times I can't wait to get back one day. She attacks turn 12 with no fear and that has to help her catch those timid cars running with her!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
Yes @Bill Pemberton I was flat through 12 and drifting from curb to curb with a 105 MPH GPS ground speed shown at the Apex. It was pretty exciting. Sarah in the Bimmer was quite the Hot Shoe. She was a fun competitor even if her car had a suspicious amount of shove out of corners... I had to work triple hard to get her.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Florida
Just a noobie here. Second time at Sebring and only 3rd track weekend. Stock gt350 with track alignment on Pilot super sports and factory brake pads
Track : Sebring 3.7mi
Best time 2:40.562 (Track Addict)

Running my first HPDE 2(solo) with NASA Florida

I'm wanting to stay on the pilot super sports and improve my driving technique. What would be a lap time that i'm maxing the Pilot Super Sports out? I'm thinking about putting Race Brake pads on but have more than 2 Track days left on the factory pads. Will Changing pads give me a false sense of improvement by lowering lap time with no driver skill advancement?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cumming, Georgia
"I'm wanting to stay on the pilot super sports and improve my driving technique. What would be a lap time that i'm maxing the Pilot Super Sports out? I'm thinking about putting Race Brake pads on but have more than 2 Track days left on the factory pads."

If the factory pads are wearing well then it seems they are doing the job for you as they would be disintegrating quickly if you were over-taxing them.

How are the factory pads working out? Are they overheating / fading / shuddering?

If you are not overheating them (Fading / getting a shudder) and they stop you fine then you probably won't see that much difference using track pads with street tires. If anything, assuming the factory pads are holding-up the race pads might make it more difficult for you as they are designed for track tires with much more grip than a street tire. Track pads have a lot of initial bite and used in conjunction with street tires they will be more difficult to modulate / likely to trigger ABS a lot more / torturing your tires and not accomplishing much more than accelerated tire wear.

Ford spent a lot of time and money designing the stock GT350 system to easily handle track days on street tires / the tires that came with the car.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Just a noobie here. Second time at Sebring and only 3rd track weekend. Stock gt350 with track alignment on Pilot super sports and factory brake pads
Track : Sebring 3.7mi
Best time 2:40.562 (Track Addict)

Running my first HPDE 2(solo) with NASA Florida

I'm wanting to stay on the pilot super sports and improve my driving technique. What would be a lap time that i'm maxing the Pilot Super Sports out? I'm thinking about putting Race Brake pads on but have more than 2 Track days left on the factory pads. Will Changing pads give me a false sense of improvement by lowering lap time with no driver skill advancement?

nice work bud.

I was there on Friday, were you there? I tried looking for you.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Florida
"I'm wanting to stay on the pilot super sports and improve my driving technique. What would be a lap time that i'm maxing the Pilot Super Sports out? I'm thinking about putting Race Brake pads on but have more than 2 Track days left on the factory pads."

If the factory pads are wearing well then it seems they are doing the job for you as they would be disintegrating quickly if you were over-taxing them.

How are the factory pads working out? Are they overheating / fading / shuddering?

If you are not overheating them (Fading / getting a shudder) and they stop you fine then you probably won't see that much difference using track pads with street tires. If anything, assuming the factory pads are holding-up the race pads might make it more difficult for you as they are designed for track tires with much more grip than a street tire. Track pads have a lot of initial bite and used in conjunction with street tires they will be more difficult to modulate / likely to trigger ABS a lot more / torturing your tires and not accomplishing much more than accelerated tire wear.

Ford spent a lot of time and money designing the stock GT350 system to easily handle track days on street tires / the tires that came with the car.
Thanks for all the info

MD
03-05-2021 - Friday at the Track (FATT)
Summit Main - Summit Point, WV
28* ambient temps. Driving in my ski jacket with the heat set at 80*.

1:20:63 (AiM Solo 2 DL) lap (#18) starts at 5:45

Backed it up next session with a 1:20:90 (AiM Solo 2 DL); lap (#14) starts at 8:25

2015 Mustang GT
FP Track Handling Pack
Ferodo DSUNO
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R Tires

MD
03-14-2021 - Chin Track Days
New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP) - Thunderbolt
First time at NJMP. Really fun track and can't wait to go back. Also finally got the external mic sorted.

1:32:16 (AiM Solo 2 DL) lap (#9) starts at 3:05. Lap #8 is 1:32:82

2015 Mustang GT
FP Track Handling Pack
Ferodo DSUNO
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R Tires

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
2018 GT, lightened, bald 315/30/18 Yokohama Advan A052 - 1:49.088 (transponder)

There was standing water in the playground where we normally get a high G left turn onto the apron and straightaway, so with that and some more grip (missed the apex of 6 and 9 by a ton) would have been a mid 1:48 on street tires.

Fist pump, btw, was because I nailed the turn exit cone on 6, and it stuck the landing... 6 feet over :D

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Mad respect for someone that can cheer a cone flip on their PB. It still would have been +2 seconds in an auto-x, but you'd get style points from the course workers.

Know what's even funnier?

Lap 1 - Cone in proper track exit location
1615926514983.png

Lap 2 - Some dick moved it 6 feet over (sorry!)
1615926533805.png

Next session, Lap 1 - I feel like such a dick for hitting the Mommy cone.
1615925979559.png

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel