The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Nice steve! Charlotte looks nice!
I have 2 questions
Have you tried to drop in 3rd in the infield? I think there is a lot of time there. Especially cause tq at 3k is really low..
Oil temp. How do you read it on Aim?
I have done both 3rd and 4th in the infield including the exit to the banking. It is easier to carry speed through the apex when not down shifting (doesn't overslow). Times are about the same and keeping the revs down when not needed is better for reliability. I had the tall 680 height tires this weekend, 650 tall tires or 315/30-18 Hoosiers would have helped with acceleration and top speed at this course. That is partly why Nick was able to pull me so bad down the back straight.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Erlanger, KY
First time at Charlotte Roval. Very intimidating Track!
GT350R OEM 315/305 30 19 Cup2's 19x11 Apex Wheels Square, MM Camber Plates, Auto Blip. 1:31.39
Sorry. Still working through mic issues.

I have only been on 2 tracks....Mid-Ohio and CMS Roval and both were fun as hell (which..let's face it, if Hell isn't fun, what is the point in being there?) The tight turns...the high-speed turns. The fast stretches. Going 140+ mph on the straights, having to actively turn the car on the banks and trust the tires, then coming into that hard brake....Great stuff! I did my 2nd day of the GT350 track attack on their regular Bridgestone street tires just to feel how a car behaved when it was not glued to the pavement with PSC2s...which was great!

Last edited:
Track: Autobahn South
Time: 1:32.99
Car: 2019 GT350
Wheels: apex sm10 19x11.5
Tires: Goodyear Eagle F1 3R, 4 track days on them
mods - see build thread

car is getting faster and faster the more i get comfortable with it. Im still working on turn 6, i keep missing the apex and proper entry. This was all logged on my aim and trying to figure out how to download from my smarty cam.
With the proper turn 6 entry i can knock another second off. With slicks i can get into 1:20’s easy.

37F0C2CE-2DCB-4E0F-8A6E-4509CEDD0A6B.jpeg

7E3218E3-E4C4-4BB2-911C-C51AC4F7F259.jpeg

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Webster, NY
Move the bar lower again at WGI... New PB

WGI 2:07.209 Another half second off my time.
I had a 2:06.4 going thru T8 but the lap got blacked flagged as someone went off.
I did have a PB for back straight speed 150.9 mph

2018 Mustang GT PP2 with 315/30/19 Hoosier R7 Square on 11x19 wheels
Carbotech pads XP20 front and rear
Rear diff cooler
Brakes, suspension all stock PP2 stuff

1633038752426-png.png

1633038978321-png.png

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
At least for me, this past weekend was terrible for setting a new "personal best" on VIR Full circuit. I was about 3 seconds off my fastest time from February, which was set on these same tires when they were brand new (now about 8-9 events old) and I presume a more "greasy" albeit rubbered in track. I still had some fun tho!

Anywho, here is a new personal best on Patriot, going nearly 1 second faster than my best runs there from May 2019.

Put @Apex3V down for roughly the same time! :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Carolina Motorsports Park new pavement. Video may come later
2019 Bullitt-BMR MR Springs/Stop the hop.
Steeda Camber Plates.
305-30/19 GY Supercar 3 on 19x11 wheels
Carbotech XP20/stock pads

2v2a7ovmrx1Ybjq.jpg

Its been an unbelievably awesome season competing with Gridlife and SCCA in the 2020 GT500! We ran the entire season with the big dogs in unlimited class and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Gridlife NCM Motorsports park: Finished 1st overall with a best time of 2:06.80 setting the overall track record for Gridlife's first year at NCM!

SCCA TT Nationals at NCM: Finished 2nd overall with a best time somewhere in the low 2:07 range.

Gridlife Mid Ohio: Took 2nd place in Unlimited behind arguably the fastest time attack car in the country. Our best time from Mid Ohio was a 1:28.72!

Gridlife Gingerman: Another 2nd place finish behind the same insanely fast twin turbo C6 Vette. Our fastest time was a 1:33.40. This is definitely the least representative time we laid down all year.

UTCC at VIR: Unfortunately due to a faulty transponder we weren't able to clock an official time for the event but finally getting to VIR was a dream come true and we still laid down a very respectable 1:54.93 and on a later lap we were over 2 seconds up on predictive before hitting traffic, so a 1:52 is definitely there!

Gridlife Road America: Another bucket list track checked off the list! We managed a blistering fast 2:17.87 Giving us another 2nd place finish!

I can't even put into words how proud I am of this car! We beat many high effort race cars this year with a car that is still very close to the way it was delivered from Ford. I already can't wait for next season! This is only the beginning!

All times were ran on 345 Square Hoosier A7's with GT350R front calipers to fit 19" wheels.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC

Nice to see you there Duane. I corded my right front after two sessions (Goodyear Supercar 3 with about 12 track days on them) and was not comfortable with the surface anyway from safety standpoint so I headed home Saturday night. It was fun while it lasted!! :)

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC

Nice to see you there Duane. I corded my right front after two sessions (Goodyear Supercar 3 with about 12 track days on them) and was not comfortable with the surface anyway from safety standpoint so I headed home Saturday night. It was fun while it lasted!! :)

d00d it didn't get better. A section of the curb exiting that RH hairpin broke up sometime Sunday afternoon. I reported it to a NASA offiical once we got off track and walked one over to show him where it was ... he was radioing it in right as a BMW ran right over it and it busted into abotu 3 sections and send concrete dust everywhere... he kept going too....

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
d00d it didn't get better. A section of the curb exiting that RH hairpin broke up sometime Sunday afternoon. I reported it to a NASA offiical once we got off track and walked one over to show him where it was ... he was radioing it in right as a BMW ran right over it and it busted into abotu 3 sections and send concrete dust everywhere... he kept going too....
Yeah between my tire and the dirt and sand on the track and pieces of the track coming up I figured I had gotten what I wanted to get- run at an old NASCAR track, experience some banking, and live to tell the tale...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Thunderhill 3 mile w/cyclone 1:58.448
2006 Mustang GT w/Coyote swap and full Cortex Suspension.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
*Additional configuration to add to our track list*
Thunderhill 1.9 mile (including cyclone) qualifying *record run* 1:18.372

2006 Mustang GT Coyote Swapped race car - Full Cortex Suspension

Last edited: