The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Damn, just the sound alone makes me want my GT 350 back !! I have had over 150 cars in my lifetime ( occupational hazard with car salesmen, ha ) and I still rank the GT 350's sound easily in the top 5! Heck, maybe the top 2!!

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (CW)
s550 racecar / 315 A7 Scrubs
1:54.929 - Transponder

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dang , Adam that is super impressive! We all know how fast Brian Faessler of Paul's Automotive Engineering ( site sponsor) is with his wicked GT 350 , but a time under 2 minutes is heavy smackdown to your competitors!! Remind me to come and talk to you , at length, if I get out to run a NASA event at VIR in the future!

Major Congrats!

Last edited:
Dang , Adam that is super impressive! We all know how fast Brian Faessler of Paul's Automotive Engineering ( site sponsor) is with his wicked GT 350 , but a time under 2:00 is heavy smackdown to your competitors. Remind me to come and talk to you , at length, if I get out to run a NASA event at VIR in the future!

Major Congrats!
Thank you Bill. I appreciate it. Would love to chat with you. Let me know when you come out. Track record in my class is 1:56.2 held by a super fast driver in a c6z06. I got some work to do but it is fun to chase vettes in a solid axle pony car.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sam should be quite pleased with what you do with skinny tires and his bars...........solid run and you and consultjr are showing that a 3.7 V6 can surprise a lot of other cars. Congrats on your time for the full course!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Time to update the track lap time list on page one.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Time to update the track lap time list on page one.

For whoever does this, my time of 1:33.4 at Mosport should be on the Grand Prix track, it shows on the driver development track and I've never run the DDT track.
Also, my best at Shannonville is a 2:00.4.
And Mont Tremblant full track is 1:57.577

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Holy smoke, I went faster than I thought.

Thunderhill 3 mile including cyclone:
1:58.254 @ 140 mph

02804C65-AAFB-4A16-8360-C227F737BC3D.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West palm beach
Sebring International Raceway 2:23.58
GT350R Steeda springs/camber plates/GYF13Rs

Palm Beach International Raceway 1:25.22
GT350R Steeda springs/camber plates/GYF13Rs

Daytona International Raceway 2:07.98 (needs work, burnt clutch, and traffic)
GT350R Steeda springs/camber plates/PSC2

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I have an update to my COTA lap time. New PB of 2:23.20 form last weekend. GT350 with big aero, BMR handling springs, FP sway bars, and Pirelli DH scrubs for tires (305/690/19)

Way to go!

TMO Supporting Vendors