The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
As long as we're updating guess I should get mine in there too:

Thunderhill w/cyclone: Coyote swapped 2006 Mustang GT, Cortex everything, Hoosier Scrubs-1:56.952
Sonoma Raceway: Coyote swapped 2006 Mustang GT, Cortex everything, Hoosier Scrubs- 1:47.108

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Erlanger, KY
Pitt Race: 2:02.43
A Great weekend at Pitt Race. This was my first time learning a track without an instructor in the right seat, which was a cool experience and affirmed that I did get some "E" from the HPDE instruction of days past and reading Speed Secrets. I have a lot of room to improve here and made different mistakes on different runs; sometimes too much braking, sometimes lifting too much, sometimes not enough braking or not using weight transfer to help me turn in. Hopefully, NASA will let me into my run group here in a couple of weeks so I can make the adjustments and get under the 2-minute mark.

2020 GT350R
Stock 305/315 MPSC2 tires (worn out fronts)
G-Loc R12 front/Stock rear pads
no track alignment
Pitt Race 7-1-2022 TA 2.02.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Pitt Race: 2:02.43
A Great weekend at Pitt Race. This was my first time learning a track without an instructor in the right seat, which was a cool experience and affirmed that I did get some "E" from the HPDE instruction of days past and reading Speed Secrets. I have a lot of room to improve here and made different mistakes on different runs; sometimes too much braking, sometimes lifting too much, sometimes not enough braking or not using weight transfer to help me turn in. Hopefully, NASA will let me into my run group here in a couple of weeks so I can make the adjustments and get under the 2-minute mark.

2020 GT350R
Stock 305/315 MPSC2 tires (worn out fronts)
G-Loc R12 front/Stock rear pads
no track alignment
View attachment 77202
PittRace is on my list. Looks like a fun track. Nice job solo!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
New personal best for me as well.
Laguna Seca:
2006 Mustang GT Coyote Swap. Full Cortex Everything on Hoosier Scrubs. 1:35.850

41F8A498-90B7-4625-B982-9BB09C78B3F0.png

TMO Supporting Vendors