The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
I have been tweaking on my suspension and slowly knocking down the times at my home track in TX. Eagles Canyon Raceway. Best this weekend of 2:03.8 at the Texas Region TT there, with room to get into the 2:02's. Thats 4s faster than my best gt350 laps here in the spring.

Setup for this event:
DSCSport shock controller
BMR springs and front sway bar
6gr 20x11.5 wheels nankang crs 305/325 tires with quite a few cycles.

I was at the same MVP event as you @Garage627. GT350 looked great out there!

Managed a 1:38.6 with a little traffic before binning it coming out of turn 5…

‘12 Boss with Bilsteins/K Springs, 285 R7s w/ ~15 heat cycles, other minor stuff.

Had a fantastic weekend at Road Atlanta with MVPTracktime. Reset my PB by 7 seconds and went consistent 1:39-40 with a couple of low 1:38s. Car is 2017 GT350 with FPS springs, sway bars, Falken RT660s and a Corbeau seat for track days.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Charleston SC
I was at the same MVP event as you @Garage627. GT350 looked great out there!

Managed a 1:38.6 with a little traffic before binning it coming out of turn 5…

‘12 Boss with Bilsteins/K Springs, 285 R7s w/ ~15 heat cycles, other minor stuff.

Had a fantastic weekend at Road Atlanta with MVPTracktime. Reset my PB by 7 seconds and went consistent 1:39-40 with a couple of low 1:38s. Car is 2017 GT350 with FPS springs, sway bars, Falken RT660s and a Corbeau seat for track days.
You were flying. I tried keeping up with you in one of the early sessions. Such a fun day!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have not run Buttonwillow for well over a decade but I remember the track well, and that is a solid time! How are the 3Rs wearing as I plan to go with them next year.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I have not run Buttonwillow for well over a decade but I remember the track well, and that is a solid time! How are the 3Rs wearing as I plan to go with them next year.
Wear is pretty good, depending on track surface. In most cases, the pace will drop off before they cord. The non-directional tread pattern is nice so you can rotate to any corner with a square setup. Treat them like a true slick if you’re going out in temps below 50 degrees. How GM ever sold these as an OE tire on the ZL1 1LE’s is beyond me - they’re flat out treacherous in cold temps. But once they switch on, they’re magic!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There is a very long list of treacherous tires below 40 degrees and I have heard they are not as bad as Pilot Sport Cup 2s , which are ice skates when chilly out. Thanks for the note and Merry Christmas.

@flyhalf @67GTA yup, been there done that lol.
I don't have the race tire experience that a lot of you do.... but I've never run on a tire that is so sketchy when cold and so awesome when warmed up. Worth it though, as long as you know what they are about.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ha, ha, well try Sport Cup 2s, they are equally if not worse when the weather is cold!! The list of tires that are super spooky at 40 below is actually pretty extensive --- could idea to accept the Manufacturers warning when they say it is not good to drive on said tires below 40 degrees.

Buttonwillow (13CW): 1:55.655

2014 Mustang GT, Cortex/Penske coilovers, 305/30/19 Goodyear SuperCar 3R’s

View attachment 82193
Brilliant lap.man
Ha, ha, well try Sport Cup 2s, they are equally if not worse when the weather is cold!! The list of tires that are super spooky at 40 below is actually pretty extensive --- could idea to accept the Manufacturers warning when they say it is not good to drive on said tires below 40 degrees.
No cup2 is sticky compare to 3R with 40f hahah.

TMO Supporting Vendors