The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Larger Rear Brake Rotors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabooh1 said:
There is a guy on SVTP "ncmustangparts" who sells brackets as well. $145 for both.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1047921-FS-14-quot-brake-caliper-adapter-brackets

Haven't bought yet but plan too. Specifically made to work with the 13/14 GT500 rear rotors.
Thanks, I just ordered a set.

$_57.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_57.jpg

Link to ebay but as someone who sells stuff on ebay I'm sure he'd appreciate you going direct with him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-14-Mustang-14-Rear-Brake-Rotor-Adapter-Brackets-GT-Boss-302-GT500-V6-/161648617074?hash=item25a3022672&vxp=mtr

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
Jabooh1 said:
I'm waiting to find a decent (not too expensive) set of Boss front and GT500 rear rotors in matching slotted.

I believe DBA can match. Can StopTech or anyone else?

Yes, both DBA and StopTech has matching rotors, Boss Front, GT500 Rear.

For not too expensive, StopTech Slotted Sport rotors would be the way to go, we have them on our website and we have them in stock.

-Nick

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
Jabooh1 said:
I looked on the website. Is there a difference between the StopTech and DBA T2? I only see the T2 offered for Boss OEM rear size.

Are the T2 available in Boss front and Gt500 rear?

The StopTech Sport rotors are most similar to the DBA T2 rotors. Yes the T2 is only available for the rear of the Boss 302, DBA didn't make T2 options for the front of the Boss, or for the Front/Rear of the 2013+ GT500.

Only T3 rotors are made for the Front Boss, Front/Rear 2013+ GT500.

StopTech prices are pretty much listed as low as they can go, if you're interested in any of the DBA products, shoot me a PM and we can work out a pretty good discount for those rotors.

-Nick

Looking great Rick!
Now you're ready for a 302S ABS module, if you don't have it already :p

off-topic, but where do you buy your lugnuts from, are those the FRPP ones?

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Any brake bias issues with the larger rotors? Should be getting more rear braking power with the larger rotors. I've been thinking about these brackets for a while now... look great with the larger GT500 rotors!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
DMichaels said:
Any brake bias issues with the larger rotors? Should be getting more rear braking power with the larger rotors. I've been thinking about these brackets for a while now... look great with the larger GT500 rotors!

No brake bias issues at all on my Boss. I pulled my axles, serviced the rear diff and used the OEM GT500 brackets, rotors and Hi Performance pads. Looks great, stops great. Also installed the Stainless/Kevlar brake lines and flushed with Dot 4 600 degree fluid.

My thought was they would dissipate heat better with more surface area. The pads and calipers are the same so the brake pad friction surface area is the same as well. No bias issues at all.

Good luck with your mods.
Dave
302 HP

I torture tested the new brackets and rotors with 150+ track miles today at Thunderhill. No issues with the brake bias and I didn't notice any difference. In theory there is more torque due to the caliper being located further from center but I'm not sure that's a major component of braking performance. I did this mostly for looks and there was no adverse effects from my perspective. The pads lined up perfectly with the Stoptech 13.8" GT500 rear calipers. I will inspect the brackets closely this weekend when I clean up my car and swap wheels.

@KNS Brakes

IMG_5659_zpssmimit00.jpg
IMG_5645_zpsenjyly0p.jpg

Glad to see some real world track time on my brackets. I designed them to be as robust as possible. If anyone on the forum needs these brackets or questions answered about them they can contact me. Cale Beck @ 3367490376

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ncmustangparts said:
Glad to see some real world track time on my brackets. I designed them to be as robust as possible. If anyone on the forum needs these brackets or questions answered about them they can contact me. Cale Beck @ 3367490376

Cale,
Welcome to the site! There's also a classified/parts for sale forum. Feel free to start a thread there. :)

You're brackets look great and I got a set a while back before I realized you were part of the online Mustang community. I just need to burn through one more set of stock sized rotors...

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I ordered a set of brackets last night, now debating on whether I burn thru my current OEM rears or scrap them and get the new rotors.

Anyone have temp data from 11.8" rotors vs 13.8"? If I can find a temp tool to use on Friday I'll try to capture some data for my car with 11.8" rears. I'll be back at the same track in a month or so, likely with the bigger rotors on for some data hopefully

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel