The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Largest spacer on ARP 1” Extended

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
does anybody have any experience fitting a 28mm spacer on the 1“ ARP studs? Using with 18x11 wheels. I know 25 is the go to but I have stock struts still and plan to run 315/30 so I’ll take all the clearance I can get safely. Thanks for any input.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a lapse and forgot I actually have a 3mm on my rear wheels. I will just add it to the 25 that I have and see how much thread is left. Will take a picture to confirm if it is doable.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Switching tires to Toyo RRs and they are supposedly a bit narrower than the BFG gforce R1Ss ( no longer made I the 315 size ) which slightly rubbed the struts. The issue is some 315s will likely fit with no rubbing and others might with a 25mm. Would think a 28mm would fit on the ARP studs and interesting to see the note listed by AZ Boss ----no wonder he has won the ST2 Championship with the NASA Region he competes in.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
How did this turn out?
I wasn’t confortable with the lack of threads. Some may say it was okay but I just rather run a 28mm on longer studs like OP’s GT4 studs.
I tried to capture the difference between the two. Please excuse the poor picture quality
28mm
86ABCE68-AFF2-413D-8250-BF9A7D23AB60.jpeg
25mm
3F052F2D-7881-4EE2-9417-FFC7804C5B50.jpeg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors