The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Late Model Restoration Rims -- staggered for the GT 350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Need some rims quickly and found out LMR has just recently received in some SVE GT7 rims , supposedly designed just for the GT350/R. I am going to get a set for my WhiteSnake as soon as I verify the distance between the caliper and the wheel barrel. Not interested if there is not sufficient gap as a set of rims that clog up with road course clag or rocks is not for me. Hopefully I will get an answer back on Monday from the wheel/tire guys , because at $999 shipped I will go with a staggered set up for the short term. Still want a squared set up, but need rims soon , and this could be the answer?

Caliper to barrel clearance is critical with 4mm being a minimum.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
They went out of their way to go check , since the VP did not have his car at work on Monday. Chatted with Jason K. ( one of the main wheel guys ) and was able to convey VoodooBoss's note on making sure it had more than 4 MM clearance. Jason assured me that the guys that checked the on site GT 350 ( which has these exact rims on it ) confirmed there was way beyond 4MM spacing - more like 7-9 MM. Ordered a set right away, since $999 shipped to my door was impossible to beat and had run SVE's on my Bosses and they held up like champs. The Toll Free there in Waco, Texas for Late Model Restoration is 866-507-3786.

Will probably get a set of Apex rims to run square when they come out with a 19x10.5 , but for now, this will be my first set of rims for the Voodoo Beast.

PS - Definitely verified these are not MRR wheels , similar design maybe, but SVE rims are not done by the same company !!!

Last edited:
Hey Bill, Thanks for the leg work on the LMR wheels. I am very intrigued. Please post your thoughts on the wheels after you receive them. Whats the status of your car?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, pics are up and I got her on Cinco De Mustang ( 5/5/2017 ) -- got close to 600 miles on the little beastie , but mods wise only have the rims ordered, Ford Performance Catch Cans ordered, extra set of floor mats in hand, and M&M Camber Plates in a box. Dropped my old buddy , George of MGW Fame a note about getting a MGW Short Throw shift kit ( the Gold Standard ) , and am going nuts on what tires to run. Dropped a note to GT Racing to see what a set of used Pirelli slicks would run and if they only have them in a 305/19 size?

Other than that , I am bribing the mailman to drop all the bills here at work, so my wife does not see I am spending our retirement funds on a lovely four wheeled mistress with gentle curves and a wicked looking ASP.

With slicks, comes rollbar, fixed back seats and harnesses, right? While you are at it, lifting pads is a good idea and I also just ordered some splitter washers along with my lift pads from ZL1Add-ons.

More receipts to your office!

Congrats on your new toy!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No......getting set up to run NASA Time Trials like I have in the past, so no rollbar, etc., though do want to get a harness bar and belts in the near future. The used Pirellis are from the World Challenge Series and NASA figures them the same as a set of Hoosier R7s. I do like those lift pads , as right now I use a hockey puck on my jack pad.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
They are in , still in the box and have not had time to get caught up, but likely will run a set of Pirelli Slicks ( 305s ) all the way around. Have my M&M Camber plates also, and should have my Ford Performance Catch Cans in this week. Just haven't had time to get my Tech to work on my beast as right now he is installing 9 liters in two new ACR Vipers. Figured I would just wait till all the parts are in so he can do most of the work all at once. Crap, just realized I forgot to order an MGW Short Throw shift kit --- mo money to be spent.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, I agree , but considering what those two beasts are having done to them, I doubt I would win that argument, ha.

Hopefully soon , but I also want to get in my tires , so we have the whole package on the car.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I gotta get enough miles on the car and get it set up -- frustrating as the two events I wanted to go to I am tied up with other obligations. I may not get on the track till August or September . Thanks for the note !

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Be happy to show you the lines, but it may cost you a couple of glasses of an innocent Cabernet, if you want the CORRECT lines, ha,ha.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel