The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lateral Stiffener Bar (brace above Panhard Bar) installation ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some time ago I bought a Lateral Stiffener bar to replace the stamped steel stock unit on my '13 Boss. I have struggled to find installation instructions online. I managed to find a section of the Ford service manual that indicates I have to remove the Panhard bar in order to remove the lateral stiffener. It looks like I can get the lateral stiffener out without removing the Panhard bar - do I really need to remove the Panhard bar (wasn't planning to change it out at this time).

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
No you don't have to remove the panhard bar to replace the panhard brace. One bolt passenger side two on drivers. Should take you longer to jack the car up then to swap the bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin said:
No you don't have to remove the panhard bar to replace the panhard brace. One bolt passenger side two on drivers. Should take you longer to jack the car up then to swap the bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Yes, it was fairly quick. The worst part was getting the passenger side to line up with the holes in the mount - Wonder Bar to the rescue.

20140421_181725.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel