The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

latest MGW rubber boot issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgia
I finally purchased my MGW shifter within the past month and there are a couple of design changes since their latest install video up on their site. The most notable is the rubber boot design. It is ribbed rather than smooth with the top slot offset to the RH side to allow more room for the reverse lock out.

I am having the hardest time getting the boot to sit properly in the body oval opening. The video states getting it flat and smooth with no "puckers". I get it pretty close, but when I bolt up the rear support, it wants to "pucker" up slightly on the passenger side.

Anyone have the latest version and can offer some words of wisdom?

I guess I am just going to have to drive down to MGW sometime and have them do all the "Updates" for me since I got mine... Wonder what they would charge to do this...

Can somebody outline all of the updates that have occurred? I wonder what I am missing since I bought mine in June 2012.

Georgia
I spoke with George this am and he gave me a link to the "latest" install for the rear support bracket and the new "bellows" style boot. As he says, "I am very close" and hopefully I can get it smoothed out tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m87RE8HlzpY

As far as updates, there have been several since the initial release last year; clam shell housing and bushings, shifter upper assembly, rear support bracket and bushings, and rubber boot just to name a few.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have a hell of time getting mine in the dyno mat gets in the way. I have the old design I guess.

do they offer the upgrades to those of us that have the older designs?

I emailed MGW for a list of modifications since June 2012. Awaiting a reply. I will ask for pricing for the upgraded bracket and boot. I dont think the old design can fit the new bushings (from what I have seen in their new install video). Kinda sucks that so many revisions occurred. I guess that is why bigger companies take forever to release parts since they thoroughly test everything.

I have a MGW shifter on order,does the rear support that comes with the lattest model have the option of different rubber inserts.I believe they make a softer rubber for street use and firmer one for track use? But I thought this rear support was sold on it's own?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel