The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Latest Video, Having Some Fun w/ a C6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Playing around with my buddy in his C6 at Firebird East Track this past weekend. We were running pretttttty close at times. Fun weekend!

[youtube]hDjq6ywBMzQ?hd=1[/youtube]

That looks fun. Does your friend have a Grand Sport?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
That looks fun. Does your friend have a Grand Sport?

No, it's just a "regular" C6, although he was on new NT05s and I was on used Grand Am Continentals with about a million heat cycles on them. He kept mentioning how I could just walk him on the straights.

He turned out to be a better driver than I had expected.

That Cobra passed me when I missed a 2-3 shift :-/ He was going to pass me anyhow, but I would have made him at least work for it :) Steeda Shifter Bracket inbound!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
On the other hand, if you guys are all just chomping at the bit to see 'Vettes being shamed by a BOSS302, check out one of my other videos:

[youtube]7KPHr2iMIm8?hd=1[/youtube]

Great videos! I'm headed to Eagle Canyon Raceway in Texas Feb 25 for little track action myself. It will be the first time out in the Boss. All my the track visits before were in my 07 GT/CS or 85 Mustang GT. Looks like it is going to be a lot fun! Any suggestions on what works suspension tuning wise; shock setting, swaybars and such? I'll be on stock tires this time out.

Watching you passing cars is getting me really excited to track this bad boy, I love my other car buy 150 hp just doesn't cut it sometimes.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
CaliMR said:
If it isn't too personal a question, what camera/data system are you using? Looks good.

Not as elegant as it looks:

Two separate Flip Mino HD cameras for video/sound ($85ea)
Data is acquired via Trackmaster app ($9.99) for Android smartphone, position/speed etc is GPS from a 10 hz Qstarz beacon ($79), output to the format you see here using the program RaceChrono2Avi (free), then all videos compiled using Pinnacle Studio 12.

If you are lazy and have money I would just get a RaceKeeper or TraqMate system w/ Video.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
I'm lazy, hope to complete the other part soon. :)

Well, the easiest way to make a small fortune in racing, is to start with a large one...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
CaliMR said:
I have a 1st gen gopro, it works ok but not great. Need to look into that gps unit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YCZINA/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

Pair that with your phone and the Trackmaster app (or Harry's Lap Timer, if you have an iPhone)

TMO Supporting Vendors