The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Launch Control Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remove the Track Key ;D

You can leave the clutch a smidge off the floor, rev past the LC setting, then put the clutch to the floor and it will not drop your RPMs. Then just avoid dropping it back below the setting. That seems to be the best work-around so far. It doesn't seem like you need higher than the max unless you are on drag tires though.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
CaliMR said:
Remove the Track Key ;D

You can leave the clutch a smidge off the floor, rev past the LC setting, then put the clutch to the floor and it will not drop your RPMs. Then just avoid dropping it back below the setting. That seems to be the best work-around so far. It doesn't seem like you need higher than the max unless you are on drag tires though.
good info that will come in handy next trip to the strip

I only tested it briefly while my GF was *****ing at me because she wanted to drive, but it seemed to work. I think someone else here mentioned trying it too when I asked about it.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
To get functional hood scoops would.

A:) Require waiting for somthing later to be offered or.

B:) Getting 2 hoods, leave stock one, then take the new 2012 and cutting top skin off after getting a 2013 hood and cutting out a large section and use it as a template to get an idea to fit it onto the 2012 hood,

Wish we stamped those here so I could just get upper skins from each, but we dont have any Mustang panels here at our Stamping Plant..

MrGT5oh said:
I know how to turn the Launch Control and adjust it, but is there a way to turn it completely off?

Won't setting it all the way up (5000 rpms?) solve your problem? or do you use it sometime and want to get around it others?

DigiCowboy said:
MrGT5oh said:
I know how to turn the Launch Control and adjust it, but is there a way to turn it completely off?

Won't setting it all the way up (5000 rpms?) solve your problem? or do you use it sometime and want to get around it others?

If he is launching on slicks he may want it set higher.

Justin

95blitz said:
DigiCowboy said:
MrGT5oh said:

yeah I launch around 6600 at the track on slicks.

95blitz said:
DigiCowboy said:
MrGT5oh said:

This is exactly why I want to get around the launch control if needed (I sometimes launch my 91 above 5k at the track), and sometime just a good ole smoky burn out is fun ;D

Justin

I gave the above mentioned suggestion a try. I couldnt get it to work soon as I press the clutch in at all it goes to the set point for 2 step.

I think this disables launch control

I think the other day I turned launch control off.. I was actually going to show someone the feature and it was not working, so I turned the car off and back on and it then worked. I need to test this again, but gave the car to the shop to get my new tiger hood installed.. Anyway, someone test this please.

to disable launch control press the setup button (i think whichever one is on our far right). so that your LCD screen is just blank. Instead of "trackey enabled". This is the only thing I had done bc I wanted to see what my MPG's where so after cycling thru those menu options I kept clicking until the screen was blank.. at the end of my trip when I wanted to show off launch control it didnt hold and went all the way to redline. I tried 3 times and was really confused as to why LC failed. So I shut the car off and back on, "trackey enabled" reappeared and launch control worked fine. As I laid in bed that night i started to think about it again and then realized I may have found a way to turn LC off..

someone please give it a shot and let me know!!!

Justin

Re: I think this disables launch control

reakhavok said:
I think the other day I turned launch control off.. I was actually going to show someone the feature and it was not working, so I turned the car off and back on and it then worked. I need to test this again, but gave the car to the shop to get my new tiger hood installed.. Anyway, someone test this please.

to disable launch control press the setup button (i think whichever one is on our far right). so that your LCD screen is just blank. Instead of "trackey enabled". This is the only thing I had done bc I wanted to see what my MPG's where so after cycling thru those menu options I kept clicking until the screen was blank.. at the end of my trip when I wanted to show off launch control it didnt hold and went all the way to redline. I tried 3 times and was really confused as to why LC failed. So I shut the car off and back on, "trackey enabled" reappeared and launch control worked fine. As I laid in bed that night i started to think about it again and then realized I may have found a way to turn LC off..

someone please give it a shot and let me know!!!
Not to sure what you are trying to explain. I always start the car with the screen blank. you use the far left button which is info. if you press it with the trackey enabled still up it says press reset to clear. so I tried starting the car with it blank and leaving message displayed and cleared....still worked. and tried starting it on another screen then scrolling it to the blank screen (wont let you still you press reset to clear the trackey enabled) and still nothing. wish you could just hold down something like you can with the idle feature to disable it.

Justin

CaliMR said:
Was your foot all the way down on the clutch? If it isn't touching the button at the bottom, it will not enable LC.
I tried it just pushing in enough to disengage the clutch. maybe adjust some switch under there?

Justin

Steve said:
What do you hold down to disable the idle function?
its in the instructions that come with the voucher
LOPEY IDLE DISABLE:
To request all of the TracKey functionality without ever entering lopey idle mode, hold
down the "OFF" button on the left side of the steering wheel while starting the engine,
and continue to hold it down for at least 5 seconds after the engine starts running. The
tachometer will sweep to 9000 rpm indicating that lopey idle disable mode has been
requested. This will prevent lopey idle mode from enabling until the next time the
engine is started.

http://trackey.ford.com/trackey/include/TracKey_Customer_Instructions_V1.3.pdf

Justin

CaliMR said:
boss2511 said:
CaliMR said:
Was your foot all the way down on the clutch? If it isn't touching the button at the bottom, it will not enable LC.
I tried it just pushing in enough to disengage the clutch. maybe adjust some switch under there?

huh?
you know the switch that detects the clutch pedal position maybe yours in a different spot than mine

So it doesn't work for you to bypass by not having it all the way down? I'll give it a try again, I only tried once, if the weather clears up.

TMO Supporting Vendors