The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Launch Control with Track Key...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Got a link to one where you've ordered from before?

Copied from my post at TMS http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/how-many-keys-do-you-get-494183/

You can find the keys anywhere, just search the sites I mentioned to find the best price. last time I bought some I got them from
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/chapstick4 this seller. When my father thought he did not receive them he offered to send out new ones again. With luck my father he had misplaced them and I was able to cancel the replacements.

Any Pats key that works on any later model Fords will work on the Boss but check with the seller as I do not have a part number. The shape will most likely tell you it is correct. The key I just used to make a spare for the Boss is the same as a key I just made for a 2010 F150.

Programming the Flob is a totally separate issue, You can get one if you use the non-flob key every day like me, if it is a spare then no you do not need it. They can be programed at different times.

Any estimates of a date right now are just that. Guesses might be a better term. CARB has not approved it yet. There are no guesses worth anything as to when CARB will approve it. By it's very nature an approval process includes the possibility of a "not approved" result as well. We can assume Ford at least loosely worked with CARB to ensure they met the success criteria but nothing is for certain other than the ball is in CARB's court. The good news is the "product" is a digital one and distribution times should be short!

I spoke to a tech, at Ford tech line today, he was rude,and he told me he had no idea when track key program was going to be sent to dealer. He did however tell me its going to cost us around 300.00 for this to be put in our cars.
He was unsure if we had to pay the dealer up front so he could order the program, or pay dealer once they got it. I for one am not happy to ave to pay anything for this, and never was told it was more. I understood we got two keys, and program would arrive after purchase. Got my keys, but that is it.
Its not the 300.00 after what we paid for these cars, its the principal.

LING952 said:
I spoke to a tech, at Ford tech line today, he was rude,and he told me he had no idea when track key program was going to be sent to dealer. He did however tell me its going to cost us around 300.00 for this to be put in our cars.
He was unsure if we had to pay the dealer up front so he could order the program, or pay dealer once they got it. I for one am not happy to ave to pay anything for this, and never was told it was more. I understood we got two keys, and program would arrive after purchase. Got my keys, but that is it.
Its not the 300.00 after what we paid for these cars, its the principal.
I don't know what to tell you but it's been known since February that it is going to cost $302 plus labor at the dealer for installation. Welcome to BMO. Which car/color did you buy?

Competition Orange, and Black stripes. Had mine since 7/5/2011 waited three months to get it, which was quick, it was not suppose to be here until Sept.
Number 1029. My dealer only got one lottery ticket, and I got the car.
LOVE IT. Got my two keys, just wish they both worked like now...........ha.

BlueBoss said:
My dealer gave me both (regular and track) at purchase. Of course, the track key still needs to be programmed.

Tomorrow is August 1st and it would be nice if we knew anything about Trackey! Mainly when it is going to be officially released!

I also have the question is it just the key which is to be programmed or the car? For those of us who purchased our cars in other states, I assume any Ford dealership can do the programming.

If it's just the key to program great.....that makes it real easy. Especially if Ford does something stupid like only allow the dealership who sold you the car to program it....then I just mail the key off!

Odds are any Ford dealership can do the Trackey. I just wish we had a confirmed release date.

My Dealer, and A Ford Tech guy said its a program, and has to be put in via the PCM module???? Only dealers who sold a boss will get the program, and its $302.00 plus dealer labor/time cost. They were not sure if it has to be paid for upfront.

The EEC (Electronic Engine Management) module on your car will be programmed (AKA - Copperhead module).

You won't be required to go to the dealer you bought it from, a dealer that sold a Boss will be able to get the program.

The keys have an anti-theft rf chip already in them. They are cleverly using the chips for the module to recognize the different keys.

Black key chip = module runs standard tune. Red key chip = module runs TracKey.

Official release will be nice. I waited for the car, I am not going to get too worked up waiting for TracKey!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel