The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Launch Control with Track Key...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know most of us are still waiting for delivery of our new BOSS and hopefully get the Track Key option installed shortly there after, but I was just looking for someone to elaborate on the features/functionality of the (2 stage?) launch control.

ORANGE CRUSH said:
Damn! that thing sounds good! I want my TRACK KEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.........
That's the best video I've heard of the lopey idle.

TheBlues9108 said:
That sucks - you would think FMC would give you two black keys and one trackey.

No worries, just get a $10 Ford late model pats key off ebay to make a spare key. You do not need to get an intergraded flob just to have a spare, I like them better anyway.

2012YellowBoss said:
TheBlues9108 said:

No worries, just get a $10 Ford late model pats key off ebay to make a spare key. You do not need to get an intergraded flob just to have a spare, I like them better anyway.
Got a link to one where you've ordered from before?

TheBlues9108 said:
I agree ... and they usually charge some ridiculous fee for a replacement if you lose one. Oh well, once the red key is programmed, who needs the black one anyway.

Has anyone figured out how the car tells the difference between the keys? There is no resistor on the key and it looks the same. I am guessing the difference must be in the FOB, but how does it get communicated to the car?

Has anyone heard any thing on the Key? Any dealer info? I remember hearing June or July but havent heard anything lately. I wish Ford would start sending the tunes to the dealers.

TMO Supporting Vendors