The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Launch Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm struggling to do better than 2.0 for 60 times, and I have M/T ET Street II's! I've been as high as 3600 rpm and as low as 1800 for launch, and from 20-17 psi in the rear tires. I've had the shocks at both 3 front, 1 rear, and 1 rear 1 front. TC always off. Car is bone stock otherwise.

I'm at a loss, so now I'd like to try a run or two without launch control (i.e. turn the launch control right off), but can find any directions in the Track Key pamphlet that came with the the red key to shut it right off. Can anyone help with that, or a suggestion on my set up.?

You can't shut off launch control when using the red key. You could set it to 5000 rpm though, but if you eventually get traction, you might want to launch at a higher rpm than 5000 rpm. Try the regular key and 13 to 15lbs. of air in the rear tires.

Definitely up the launch rpms...I would try 5300 or higher combined with the lower psi will help you get that 60 down. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't use more than 15 psi. Are you doing a good 2nd gear burnout? Adjust your launch control to 6500 rpm or as high as it will let you set it. That defuses it. It also makes it easier to do the burn out. Make sure you hold the Traction Control button for a few seconds to completely turn it off. You should get 1.8's with ease. The problem is that you won't get 1.8's consistently.

TMO Supporting Vendors