The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LCA Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi
I just purchased the Kenny Brown sport LCA + bracket and I have some question for the installation.

As you can see on the picture I got a space between the LCA and the bracket.
It's about 3/16 wide (5mm). Do you think it's normal? I will call Kenny Brown shop. I just didn't have time yet.
img0158dv.jpg

Also the spacer that replace the original LCA is too small too but only 1/16 (1mm)
img0162zs.jpg

What you guys do you think?

I didn't tight anything. When I saw that space I remove everything and ask if it was normal.
I thought it would have been a more tight fitting.
Do you think it would be OK between the LCA and the bracket because it's a huge gap.
Thanks

It's been a while since I installed my Steeda LCA's. I'm 90% sure they included large steel fender washers to fill the void. I would not torque those ears down. Something isn't right.

Swiss Boss said:
Hi
I just purchased the Kenny Brown sport LCA + bracket and I have some question for the installation.

As you can see on the picture I got a space between the LCA and the bracket.
It's about 3/16 wide (5mm). Do you think it's normal? I will call Kenny Brown shop. I just didn't have time yet.
img0158dv.jpg

Also the spacer that replace the original LCA is too small too but only 1/16 (1mm)
img0162zs.jpg

What you guys do you think?
If you haven't called Kenny B . You need to call. I think that they have sent you the wrong LCA kit for your car. I have Metcos and they slid in tight , no gaps.

TMO Supporting Vendors