The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LCA Relocation Brackets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Boss said:
The BMR brackets were better. I'm a former machinist so I like things to have a good slip fit. The BMR's were not that close, but close enough that I could not slide a washer in. It sucked in good under the torque.

As someone who fabricates in the field, I like the FRPP...

BMRbracketnewanddefectivecopy_zps705ec7a3.jpg
IMAG0127copy_zps7725fc43.jpg

DSC07839copy_zps07405f35.jpg
DSC07665copy_zps545553ee.jpg
IMG_7615copy_zps29940837.jpg

I compared some of the more popular brackets here...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/12749451-post30.html

ArizonaGT said:
Those BMR brackets like to fold up at the dragstrip from what I've heard lol

I'm running the BMRs with no issues. But I don't drag race. I've had them on for about 3 years now, but I probably would've put the FRPP ones on if they had been available. I like to stick to Ford whenever its economically feasible :p but it a plus that their stuff is usually the best too.

Anyone try the Whiteline brackets?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/whiteline-lca-relocationbrackets-0513.html

(I may or may not have sort of drunkenly ordered some the other night.)

Tob I didn't mean to suggest the BMR's are the better bracket, just that they had a better gap size than the FRPP's. I'll have to look again at my 3 hole BMR brackets. I may weld them in, but I'm not planning on forced induction or drag slicks so I'm not too worried about failure. Were the failures you posted above from forced induction cars? I do still have my FRPP's so I can easily swap them in, but not at all excited about the gap and trying to squeeze the sides in and keep them parallel.

konablueeboss302 said:
Anyone try the Whiteline brackets?
(I may or may not have sort of drunkenly ordered some the other night.)

Awaiting your "morning after" review. Tell us if it was worth waking-up next to Ms. Whiteline. ;)

Since we are calling for reviews, anybody have experience with Kenny Brown's LCA brackets and/or other stuff?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Fat Boss said:
Tob I didn't mean to suggest the BMR's are the better bracket, just that they had a better gap size than the FRPP's. I'll have to look again at my 3 hole BMR brackets. I may weld them in, but I'm not planning on forced induction or drag slicks so I'm not too worried about failure. Were the failures you posted above from forced induction cars? I do still have my FRPP's so I can easily swap them in, but not at all excited about the gap and trying to squeeze the sides in and keep them parallel.

I understand. To me, the gap is irrelevant as long as it is filled with the appropriate spacer/washer and that the sides of the relo bracket are square.

Not all the failures that I showed were blown S197's. I suppose there is no 'best' bracket. I see benefits to each but not a single bracket that incorporates all of them into one. If I had a clean sheet, I'd utilize some of the features of the BMR, the CHE, and the FRPP bracket. Complete and total overkill would finally be achieved.

And thanks for the welcome guys. You all have put together one heck of a site. Great tech and a community that puts the cars/mods to the ultimate test. There are some very sharp people on here and it makes coming here a real joy.

Installed my Whiteline brackets yesterday. I really could have used an extra set of hands but I got them on after plenty of muttering and cursing.

They seem to be very sturdy and well made. Plus, they actually have one extra mounting point compared to most of the other brackets I've seen - they use the bolt hole where the axle weights go (I ditched the weights but you can reuse them if you want). I only had a brief chance to drive the car afterwards so no real impressions although I think that the tires had more bite in a straight line. No clunks or other noises, either.

TMO Supporting Vendors