The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LCA relocation brackets.

367
1
Either ones will work.
Adjustable length LCA's are more to adjust wheelbase and also to alter left/right axle alignment.
Consider getting the upper control arm also if your car is low enough to require LCA relocation. Fixing pinion angle will also greatly affect on-power grip out back (similar to the way relocation brackets will help).
 
I'm not sure either one will work. You need to verify the LCA's you have fit those brackets before purchasing them. There have been issues mixing manufacturers with these two suspension pieces. Good luck.
 
367
1
NFSBOSS said:
I'm not sure either one will work. You need to verify the LCA's you have fit those brackets before purchasing them. There have been issues mixing manufacturers with these two suspension pieces. Good luck.

Ah good point--not all lca and brackets are interchangeable. But to the OP, adjustable ones arent necessary :)
 
590
164
I have Steeda billet LCAs w/spherical bearings (non-adjustable) and Whiteline relo brackets and they work fine together. I have no idea why some brands would work together and some wouldn't since you would think that they would be direct OE replacements (at least with regard to the LCAs).

The Whiteline brackets are great, by the way. They have an extra mounting bolt that most other brands don't.
 

drano38

Wayne
1,130
318
Take a look at this post, and the link Tob has at the end of his thread.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3395.60
Not all are created equal.
I put FRPP relo brackets on my Boss last week, with UMI Roto joint LCAs. I had to put one 1/2" washer on each side of the UMI LCA to fill the gap. I've read others have added washers also.

First, buy strong relo brackets. Then ensure your LCAs fit them.
 
boro92 said:
Either ones will work.
Adjustable length LCA's are more to adjust wheelbase and also to alter left/right axle alignment.
Consider getting the upper control arm also if your car is low enough to require LCA relocation. Fixing pinion angle will also greatly affect on-power grip out back (similar to the way relocation brackets will help).

Getting the pinion angle back will also allow you to run a one piece drive shaft, which will add some nice rwhp.

I did get adj LCA's, although it seems most don't. Ive gotten mixed recommendations from reputable sources. I'll just start with both at the stock length once they're on, then adj to get the WB precisely back to true. Not sure how far off it wil get, honestly. I will duly report back.
 
drano38 said:
Take a look at this post, and the link Tob has at the end of his thread.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3395.60
Not all are created equal.
I put FRPP relo brackets on my Boss last week, with UMI Roto joint LCAs. I had to put one 1/2" washer on each side of the UMI LCA to fill the gap. I've read others have added washers also.

First, buy strong relo brackets. Then ensure your LCAs fit them.

So what do you think about the FRPP brackets you put on your car?
 

isrboss

The FRPP relocation brackets appear to be the most robust for a bolt on application. The only thing I notice with them is the 25mm rear sway barely fits without touching the brackets. I down sized anyways to a 24mm for handling balance tuning, not due to the FRPP relocation brackets. I would be interested to hear from LS Boss guys, whether or not they are having contact with the FRPP rel brackets and the 26mm rear bar.
 

drano38

Wayne
1,130
318
Tob said:
So what do you think about the FRPP brackets you put on your car?

They've only been on for a week, and not much driving, so no real info.
But I've read lots of threads, and several said they're the strongest, so thats what I did.
They are a critical suspension component, so choose wisely.

Like all mods, do your research, then buy what meets your needs.
 

isrboss

flyby763 said:
Just curious, why doesn't anyone use the BMR relocation brackets? I had them on my 11 GT and thought they were great.

I simply researched the beefiest rel. brackets, and found most stated FRPP. Being that these brackets are extensions to a high load mount it just seemed appropriate.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top