The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lcas box or round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys .. whats the difference between lca designs other than looks ?

I wanted to get lcas from bmr but there were 3 or 4 different designs with considerable difference in price too .

If u know any info about why do they come in difference designs and if any tech differences are there plz share ...

Many thanks

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
All depends on what you're using it for, and how quiet you want it to be.

But in general, I'd want boxes with urethane bushings and tubular with heim joints or joints that don't bind.

I jse my car for almost everything .. and sumtimes i daily drive it so im going with the poly bushings but what is boxes and tubular better than the other for ?

I would like to know if there is an idea which makes a better decision for the fesign too

BMRTech

Supporting Vendor
The differences would never be seen on these cars.

Basically, the tubular design will resist torsional fatigue a little better.

That amount that it takes to realize the difference, is so far out in neverland though. We would not make/offer them if it were an issue.

Most of the forces you will see in the RLCA will be compression based - and again, those strength differences will never be seen in any environment on any application.

To our knowledge, we have never had a RLCA fail. That is over 100,000 sets shipped since 1997. We have had bushing failures, like every company, but no steel body failures.

Moral of the story, when shopping our parts just go with the least expensive set that meets your needs. If you want Poly/Poly...go with the $89 TCA032. If you want non-adjustable Poly/Bearing - go with the TCA022. Adjustable Poly/Bearing (most popular for handling apps) go with TCA021 and if you want the best, go with TCA020.

The reason we offer boxed tubing is so we can wrap the tube around the majority of the bushing end/housing....while also providing a low cost option for the consumer.

Lastly, we have multiple bushing designs. Rest assured, if you order the TCA032...and down the road need new bushings for whatever reason, we have Elastomer and a new Xtreme Series additionally to the versions that come in the arms standard.

Good luck.

BMRTech said:
The differences would never be seen on these cars.

Basically, the tubular design will resist torsional fatigue a little better.

That amount that it takes to realize the difference, is so far out in neverland though. We would not make/offer them if it were an issue.

Most of the forces you will see in the RLCA will be compression based - and again, those strength differences will never be seen in any environment on any application.

To our knowledge, we have never had a RLCA fail. That is over 100,000 sets shipped since 1997. We have had bushing failures, like every company, but no steel body failures.

Moral of the story, when shopping our parts just go with the least expensive set that meets your needs. If you want Poly/Poly...go with the $89 TCA032. If you want non-adjustable Poly/Bearing - go with the TCA022. Adjustable Poly/Bearing (most popular for handling apps) go with TCA021 and if you want the best, go with TCA020.

The reason we offer boxed tubing is so we can wrap the tube around the majority of the bushing end/housing....while also providing a low cost option for the consumer.

Lastly, we have multiple bushing designs. Rest assured, if you order the TCA032...and down the road need new bushings for whatever reason, we have Elastomer and a new Xtreme Series additionally to the versions that come in the arms standard.

Good luck.

Thank you !! ... whats ur email i have a couple of questions to get what i really want ..!

BMRTech said:
Just to clarify, I am not here to sell parts. I signed up to provide information, tech, etc.

My Email address is [email protected]

Dylan would be the person you would want to reach out to if interested in our parts: [email protected]

Thanks!

Kelly,

I just ordered the tca032 lcas from jpcracing ... how hard is it to cahnge the bushing in future ? and what other bushing options do i have other than the one that comes with it ??

BMRTech

Supporting Vendor
eng90 said:
Kelly,

I just ordered the tca032 lcas from jpcracing ... how hard is it to cahnge the bushing in future ? and what other bushing options do i have other than the one that comes with it ??

Congrats! Those are the best value LCA you can get for an S197.

As for the bushing options, we have Elastomer bushings that we designed, engineered, and tested that are made in Australia for us by Super Pro.

We are also waiting on our new Xtreme Series bushings that we designed, engineered and tested - that are built for us by Energy Suspension in the US.

Unfortunately, we are playing the waiting game with both of those (we ran out of Elastomer, and the Xtreme series are a new design)

Rest assured though, Dylan will be there for ya if you need. It is best to contact him at [email protected]

Thanks and enjoy!

TMO Supporting Vendors