The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Leather/cloth recaro seat weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Ive researched this, and seen anywhere from 42lbs to 55 lbs. Can anyone who has weighed the seats confirm ie dent, or prove which is accurate?

Also, is a leather recaro heavier or lighter than cloth, or the same?

Has anyone who sat in a recaro or factory standard seat compared the position? Ive got 3 reasons for wishing to trade. one is weight savings. the second is I'd like my butt lower in the car to give me more helmet room. I'd also like more support, and since i have no cage, im not ready to get rid of the air bags

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Ive researched this, and seen anywhere from 42lbs to 55 lbs. Can anyone who has weighed the seats confirm ie dent, or prove which is accurate?

Also, is a leather recaro heavier or lighter than cloth, or the same?

Has anyone who sat in a recaro or factory standard seat compared the position? Ive got 3 reasons for wishing to trade. one is weight savings. the second is I'd like my butt lower in the car to give me more helmet room. I'd also like more support, and since i have no cage, im not ready to get rid of the air bags

I have cloth Recaro's in my Boss and really like the fit. I am also wondering what they weigh. Some day I will pull one out. Anyways, I'm not sure if this can be done with the Mustang seats but....lots of Mazda Miata guys would do " foamectomys " on there seats by taking off the seat bottom cover and carving out the foam and gaining a couple of inches of head room and side support. Not sure this helps you......just an idea. 🙂

TMO Supporting Vendors