The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Legitimate Shelby raffle, or con job ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There seems to be a scammer or con man around every corner anymore, even in our car hobbies. Interesting reading in the attached SAAC thread and some of the attached links in the thread also.

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=39189.0

I see and ad for the DREAMGIVEAWAY on TMO, not sure we should be supporting this so called " Charity "

Just my Opinion

I looked into this one before, They have ads in just about all the car mag's and also a lot of TV ad's so spending that kind of ad $$ looked like they are legit, however the taxes deal doesn't make sense as in addition to the value of the cars the statement about cash being included for taxes is also taxable!

From what I recall if you win you have to go to where they are (on you) and must pay all taxes & fees up front. There is a alternate cash prize in lieu of the cars (also taxable on the spot) No info on how many people actually take the cars over cash outs.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
kbwhite60 said:
There seems to be a scammer or con man around every corner anymore, even in our car hobbies. Interesting reading in the attached SAAC thread and some of the attached links in the thread also.

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=39189.0

I see and ad for the DREAMGIVEAWAY on TMO, not sure we should be supporting this so called " Charity "

Just my Opinion

FYI-That's gotta be a google ad...that's all generated from what the viewer has been browsing. That is not a TMO sponsored ad.

Grant 302 said:
FYI-That's gotta be a google ad...that's all generated from what the viewer has been browsing. That is not a TMO sponsored ad.
Confirmed, that is not a TMO sponsored raffle.

I get the "Dream Givaway" flyers in the mail ALL THE TIME. It's always a Corvette pair, Camaro pair, Mustang pair, or Challenger pair. I should keep them in a chronological ordered stack and see if there are repeats. I typically dump them right in my recycling bin on my way inside along with the other half of my mail.

Seems I remember a few years ago the raffle was for a 12 and a 69 BOSS 302 - Calypso Coral - full black out hood on the 12 to match the 69 look. Think it was a younger guy that won and put them up for auction as a pair for 200-300K was the range I remember. Seemed like a real raffle and auction. Not saying whatever the charity received was kosher.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Dream Car Give-Aways has been around for several years, maybe 2008. In the beginning they offered 1 raffle per year, now for 2016/17 they are running 6 differerent raffles 5 automotive and 1 home improvement.

The owner takes in a lot of cash and I haven't seen any reporting of charitable organization cash distribution. I do know the BBB rates this organization "F".

They do claim to have a large Corporate sponsorship program listing many names we know, but they are listed as past and present sponsors.

My opinion is "Beware" of any organization claiming "We help Children" that does not proudly display the amounts and beneficiaries of donations received.

Their website: http://www.dreamgiveaway.com/

BBB website rating of Dream Giveaway: https://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/sweepstakes/dream-giveaway-in-clearwater-fl-90118405

2HP

I want to know WHO is selling these jokers my information. Or maybe they can just get it from home ownership records that might be public? I am going to make up a new first name or alternate spelling next time I register for anything and see how quickly that new me gets junk mail. In the meantime they can waste their money, I will keep recycling the mail.

In the meantime I have registered on www.dmachoice.org

Just a reminder to everyone! Info posted on the internet in whatever form can/will/may possibly be retrieved to haunt you! Online sales are pretty safe but after that you're on own....TMO postings are secured no matter what!.....right Rick????

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Google makes a fortune selling your profile information, they (and others), track every page you visit to sell targeted lead information.

It's big money.
2HP

TMO Supporting Vendors