Let's bring a new wheel to market: BBS FI-R

Discussion in 'TMO General Discussion Forum' started by 5.2 liters of democracy, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Nice looking rims, but I honestly think one has to determine their market, and on this site, I have to believe most of the rims will be seeing some track action? I went in a similar direction with a well known manufacturer ,in the past , and the concern for me was when I damaged a rim, I did not have a group of 5 or ten sets to order and the replacement ended up being a second mortgage on my house. If you are looking to make your stunningly gorgeous GT 350 , Boss 302, or GT a bit different from the crowd ,and you mainly use it for cruising or normal driving, many of these rim options are great and should be looked into. My rebuttal is aimed at those of us who track our Stangs, as the chance of track damage , scuffs, scratches, and even wear fatigue, are quite real, so spending the amount that these rims require ( and with limited replacement possibilities ) should be noted. I realize I am not hiding my biases at all, but the fact that I can get a new wheel from Apex quickly, the price is reasonable for a high quality rim, and they have a bit of crazy , dedicated staff who answers our questions and builds rims to our specifications, makes it easy for me to suggest circuit course crazies check them out first , it racing is their focus. Carry on and I am done with my little public service ramble, ha!

2. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

They are beautiful wheel.

Being crazy myself, I damaged a wheel in the trailer, I would reserve these for shows and cruising. If it cant be broke, I have not used it yet.

For the other half of the members here. This seems like a great way to customize, and have a wheel that only 4 other cars have. Add the titanium lug nuts and they will look amazing together.

3. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

That's why some fools have four sets of wheels for their mustangs. Some for road show and some for road go.

I think these wheels look cool but just not my style.

4. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

@TymeSlayer isn't a set considered 4 rims? Im a rim alholic, just ask @50Deep. I have eight Signature rims (for now) for my GT350 and that is only two sets. Third set is in the sights. Yo T, she juts got a 6K LV bag last night. Tit for tat. LOL..

Or did I misinterpret your post?

But back to the OP- man most of us use our cars here, have budgets, etc, Those rims are very very hot but at that price I would rather buy OEM carbon fiber and track them. That price point is just way too high. And I'm one to spend money where it counts.

5. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

Yes, I have four sets of wheels, 16 rims total. OEM, Forgestar CF5V, Apex EC-7 and Apex SM-10. Not sure if that makes me a "rim alholic" but my lovely wench thinks one set is plenty. This comes from a woman who owns north of 300 pair of shoes.

byronj likes this.
  6. Bill Pemberton

I told you your wife and mine would get along great! We may be lucky guys who get to spend a bit too much on our 4 wheeled Steeds , but we apparently are both married to the Imelda Marcos's of the North American Continent , ha,ha!!

TymeSlayer likes this.
  7. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Volk makes a great wheel but I'm not into six spoke wheels on any Mustang or any other car outside of a GT-R. Plus you need an 11" or wider wheel on a GT350.

zzj likes this.
  8. VoodooBoss

TymeSlayer and byronj like this.
  9. 5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy TMO Beginner

I'm actually picking up a full set of those tomorrow. I'll be sure to post some pictures.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  10. VoodooBoss

What finish did you order? Looking forward to seeing the wheels on your car.

11. 5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy TMO Beginner

Matte Black, nothing crazy. Tomorrow can't come fast enough.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  12. Bill Pemberton

Have to admit that is one of most beautiful wheels out there! I would probably want a set of those just for cruising , as the holes in the spokes would spook me out for track use and their overall strength with that type of usage. Looks wise, absolutely stunning , almost just want to put them in your living room as an accessory piece ,ha?!