The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lime Rock IMSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Lime Rock is gorgeous. I had a great time there. That hill scares the @#$% out of me though. I had run it on a simulator quite a few times and could never quite set the wheel before reaching the peak and would spin out frequently. Thankfully I was expecting it when I finally encountered it in real life and managed to stay on track. The down hill is fun too...very counterintuitive (at least it was to me) to be pressing the gas while going downhill into a turn.

ny
Actually weather is great. The hill is fun ,big bend is hard .down hill onto front straight compress driver side suspension hard.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Boy the need for a more realistic BOP for the Mustang is obvious Worldwide. No one seems able to qualify up front regardless of how talented and they usually languish in midpack or below in most races. Hopefully Ford will start pushing harder as it has just become a European car cavalcade and that is pretty sad not to have one Merikan Kar in the fight with a chance!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Boy the need for a more realistic BOP for the Mustang is obvious Worldwide. No one seems able to qualify up front regardless of how talented and they usually languish in midpack or below in most races. Hopefully Ford will start pushing harder as it has just become a European car cavalcade and that is pretty sad not to have one Merikan Kar in the fight with a chance!
Well, IMSA is Nascar. And the rumours always were that the way to get results seemed to revolve around being generous towards certain entities. I often think nothing has changed.
It's not just Ford either, the Camaros also suck. It seems to be a revolving door of German makes that win in GT4.
The Q results for Mosport, two TCR cars were faster than the Ford and Chevs. The best Mustang was 1.6 seconds off the pole and the best Camaro was 2 seconds back from that. Not even in the same time zone as the pole time. Kind of makes it non-interesting when the BOP is that far off.

I really do think calling it "the show" is accurate these days, BOP is just pick a winner made easy.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, there has always been Politics in racing, but I don't slight Nascar for any rumors as many of us have seen the same thing with SCCA , IMSA ( prior to Nascar ), etc. and it seems some Manufacturers are better at the BOP game. GM has been quite effective over the years and the current situation with Mustangs one hears about is partly because of the years that they dominated --- Boss 302s and then the early GT4s. Unfortunately it is a constant struggle but some brands seem to do better overall , though at present the perennial powerhouse , Porsche, is not represented by many Teams at present, even with Worldwide racing. As noted by JDee, the BOP is pretty skewed with Ford at present, as the Mustang is just not up to the current winners in the Class , but for once I think that is partly Ford's fault. There are just not many Mustangs being built to run, the participation numbers are abysmally low, and there does not seem to be much if any new production or advances. Tough situation, but letting the Stang lose some weight might help make them more competitive and hopefully stir the Blue Oval Boys to build more Racing Ponies?!

Last edited:
Well good for the camaro guys and Kyle Marcelli on the podium with a Mustang, strategy won the race for them. Take away for us is that we came from a lap and a drive through penalty to finish 7th. some great pit work helped as well, for both cars, but the #60 went to crap.
We're still snake bit, but someday maybe our luck will change, both of our cars could've been on the podium, but you've heard that story before...
That 7th place was with a damaged left rear and about a 1/2 inch of toe out as well, so good driving by Bob and BJ.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors