The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

List Tickets Here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Several have commented on it...I suppose we should start keeping track of speeding tickets because they are bound to come. I don't have one yet, but did have a close call when winding it up on a back road as I spied a sheriff behind another car coming towards me and backed it down from about 80 to 60 pronto with no problems when he passed me by.

2012 Boss racer

87 in a 60. Unmarked state trooper Tahoe, didn't see him coming toward me quick enough when I went to pass on a 2 lane highway in the middle of nowhere. But it could have been way worse if he had caught me earlier that day!!!

2012 Boss racer said:
87 in a 60. Unmarked state trooper Tahoe, didn't see him coming toward me quick enough when I went to pass on a 2 lane highway in the middle of nowhere. But it could have been way worse if he had caught me earlier that day!!!
I hope he at least said he liked your car! ;D

Virginia outlawed radar detectors, so I'm sure there's one with my name on it. Got one shortly after "testing" my S2000 on a stretch of 4 lane asphalt with no one in sight at 5:30 AM. Of course the judge didn't buy the "testing" defense. it still stings :-\

STIG302 said:
Virginia outlawed radar detectors, so I'm sure there's one with my name on it. Got one shortly after "testing" my S2000 on a stretch of 4 lane asphalt with no one in sight at 5:30 AM. Of course the judge didn't buy the "testing" defense. it still stings :-\

Years ago and that is the most unconstitutional law ever, if the government has the right to transmit a signal we have the know to know or pick it up.

If I do get a ticket, it will be an out of state very high $ for excessive speed. I've got the luxury of going a little faster than the average owner with less risk......I'll explain that later.

I'm not saying I am immune to recieving a ticket, but less likely. However, the license plate I'm leaning on getting is "NO TICKT" that in itself might just make a law enforcement officer be inclinded to write me. LOL

suprmn said:
I'm not saying I am immune to recieving a ticket, but less likely. However, the license plate I'm leaning on getting is "NO TICKT" that in itself might just make a law enforcement officer be inclinded to write me. LOL
You're asking, no begging for a ticket with a plate like that! :)

DigiCowboy said:
suprmn said:
I've got the luxury of going a little faster than the average owner with less risk......I'll explain that later.

Sounds like you ARE law enforcement :eek:

Ok Digi, you got me! I've......been in the field for a little over 7 years! I'm not your typical "hard ass" all additude person, I'm laid back and work just as much as most to provide shelter/food and clothing for my family.

As I said, I may have less of a chance of getting a citation if the officer uses "professional courtesy" but if I DO get the citation I have to pay or go to court like everyone else.

To be 100% honest, if I was to get a speeding ticket I could be written up or suspended for the infraction of law through my agency. We have to report to our Lt. or Captain of all encounters outside of being on duty.

suprmn said:
As I said, I may have less of a chance of getting a citation if the officer uses "professional courtesy" but if I DO get the citation I have to pay or go to court like everyone else.

Hey, it's a perk of the job! We won't hold it against you ;D
I spent half an hour at work today talking Mustang's with one of our local cops. He has a '08 California edition and is restoring a '68.

Suggestion -

Take the side stripes off the car. Mine looks better, and it makes a Boss fairly invisible.

They're kind of flimsy anyway, like saran wrap without any kind of glue. They just stretch and peel right off.

Hard to believe there is any durability after a year on the road.

[/quote]

To be 100% honest, if I was to get a speeding ticket I could be written up or suspended for the infraction of law through my agency. We have to report to our Lt. or Captain of all encounters outside of being on duty.

[/quote]

I've always been of the opinion that as LEO the standards are higher, not lower, and that "professional courtesy" is not a very good idea. If you ain't running code for a good reason, the speed limits apply equally.

I posted the photo over at "Stripe Delete - first one in the country"

It's going to be worth a lot of money someday to a collector lol. It's #1

Someone advised me that it's $800 to replace the stripes.

Two speeding tickets and I'm past $800 with the cost of the tickets, plus the hit on my insurance.

Stealth is good for reducing vehicle theft too. The engine is worth more than 10 grand alone.

STIG302 said:

I got pulled over in VA for having illegally dark tint on the windows. I was running a radar detector and knew he was there so I had slowed down below the speed limit and moved to the slow lane before he saw me. When he pulled out, I said you got to be kidding me. Then I remembered radar detectors were illegal in VA, but I'm like there is no way he could of see it, not with these dark windows. ::) Drivers of dark tinted windows beware, VA State Police can / will give you a ticket even if your from another state. :eek:

BossJockey said:
STIG302 said:

I got pulled over in VA for having illegally dark tint on the windows. I was running a radar detector and knew he was there so I had slowed down below the speed limit and moved to the slow lane before he saw me. When he pulled out, I said you got to be kidding me. Then I remembered radar detectors were illegal in VA, but I'm like there is no way he could of see it, not with these dark windows. ::) Drivers of dark tinted windows beware, VA State Police can / will give you a ticket even if your from another state. :eek:
Seriously? Sure doesn't sould like freedom still exists in the good 'ol USA anymore. That's crazy. You're too close to DC!! ;D

No tickets for me yet. But yesterday as the wife and I were heading down to a friends house my bumper got a nice crack in it. We're driving down the freeway and the car about 3 car lengths ahead of me in the other lane ran over some form of tree branch or something and it came flying at my car. So I pull over to see wtf just happened and sure enough, on the plastic bumper there is a nice little dent. Only had the car for a month...what a way to start. Serves me right for driving it! But it sure won't keep me from driving it. It's just too damn fun. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors