The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Litchfield Ford, CT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone here have the 2012 CO Boss with no motor in it, presently at Litchfield Ford? Poor car has been there a while. Anyway if you haven't heard, don't let them test drive it. They totalled a customer's 2008 Shelby GT 500, white with blue stripes. One car into bridge accident, service manager "lost it." Owner received nothing more than an insurance check. Car was paid for an he can't afford a new one. No apologies, no replacement, nor did they offer him anything to get back into a Shelby. They did my trackey install but have since changed management, same owner. Not good, beware.

KDR-1 said:
Anyone here have the 2012 CO Boss with no motor in it, presently at Litchfield Ford? Poor car has been there a while. Anyway if you haven't heard, don't let them test drive it. They totalled a customer's 2008 Shelby GT 500, white with blue stripes. One car into bridge accident, service manager "lost it." Owner received nothing more than an insurance check. Car was paid for an he can't afford a new one. No apologies, no replacement, nor did they offer him anything to get back into a Shelby. They did my trackey install but have since changed management, same owner. Not good, beware.

Don't see on their website. Have a link?

I don't have a link, mainly because I have trouble posting. Go to their fb site there are comments about the accident as well as on craigs list Hartford county CT. The owner is selling his car cover. Also show accident pics and police report.

Well that's my car sitting there for the past two months. I did one track day with the car and the trans would not shift into 5 th and 6 th. Drove it once when I got back to see if it would grind at low RPM and it did. I was on my way to the dealer for the trans when the motor quit. It's apart new motor almost ready to go back in. Metal in the oil. Bearing were warn cylinders scared pretty messy. 2,600 miles 15 laps at Thompson. There telling me something went bad in the cat and ruined the motor. They removed the PCM and sent to ford racing. Almost didn't warranty it. They are under instruction not to let the service manager drive it. It's a shame I had a 69 in orange bought this to enjoy and collect now it kinda ruined it for me so I decide to do more track day's to make sure it's ok while under warranty. Maybe I'll cage it and run T2 in it. Who knows.

Matt

Ya they were scratching there heads for awhile. Nothing obvious Nothing blown up. Just It had a film in the intake and looked like it had 200,000 miles on it. Thank god I had them change the oil. Usually I do it myself. It did go into limp mode once. They did the TSB for the rubber washer on the crank sensor I think. Trans is apart waiting for 5 and 6 blocker rings. No material left on them. I don't think that was the problem I think there's something going on with the clutch at high RPM's. When I get it back i'm going for a long ride on the highway then i'm signing up for a track day.

Matt

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel