The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LMR S550 Rear Seat Delete Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That looks nice and the price is tight.

IMG_0955.JPG

Monaca Pa
Got mine installed today. Very happy with the overall fit and finish. Yes it is "floppy" but its well contoured to the area and once the velcro and fasteners are in place it does its job. Can't beat the price either.7d67c4107a0e04ba07470492a262811b.jpg How has your seat delete held up?? I see LMR has another one that’s reinforced for 399

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried one from South East Carbon works which fit nicely and looked good with a small logo on it which looked like the one above. It fit well, but velcro is never confidence inspiring.

The Ford 'R' kit is more expensive, but it has a molded fiberglass base and feels like you expect a "rear seat delete" to be - but it is 3 lbs heavier, and the comment about "don't put any weight on it" is 100% accurate. You could probably put your gear bag or a grocery bag on it, but a 50 lb wheel & tire, no way. That's for a $750 fiberglass backed seat delete while the carpet-only ones for $250 are a different beast. You have to decide what you're willing to pay, and if it matters when you have the rollbar installed.

My opinion was the the carpet-only ones aren't a solution for me, even if they look good.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I went with the LMR carpet because I was looking for maximum weight loss, not real concerned about aesthetics, but to each his own. Minor side benefit is since it conforms to the shape of the chassis I could put heavy stuff in there if I need to.

The thing feels like air it is so light and it's really cheap and easy weight loss.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
The fiberglass reinforced seat delete would definitely look better and I probably would have gone that route if LMR offered it when I first purchased. The carpet is so light and easy to install that if I wanted to place a few tires in the back seat I could simply remove and roll up the seat delete cover with a few bolts/pushpins/velcro. This won't work with a 4pt installed, but for the time being i'm using the Schroth Quick-Fit Pro and will be my plan to transport my track wheels/tires to events.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I like that style because you can put junk in the back seat without it sliding and rolling around and ending up on the floor. Like when you make a quick run to the grocery store for the bride to pick up "a few things" and you end up with four bagfuls. It's real hassle trying to dig cans of soup out from under Recaros.:D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel