The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lockton HPDE Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone here had to file a claim with this company? I'm giving some serious thought to getting for my next track day. Piece of mind kind of thing.

If anyone has had the unfortunate chance to file a claim, how was the process? I'm actually more interested in coverage of a fender bender than a total loss...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I’ve used them for many years, but fortunately never had to make a claim.
Same.

Now that I compete, I utilize their "transportation and storage" insurance services. Again, never made a claim but it's good to have the safety net.

I filed a claim. They were completely professional and had a guy out to look at it very quickly. I ended up getting paid off from my regular insurance agency and called off the dogs, so I didn't get an actual check.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Used but not used. Never had to do a claim but I once cancelled an event I couldn't make it to and the gladly reimbursed my money. Great folks at Lockton.

I filed a claim. They were completely professional and had a guy out to look at it very quickly. I ended up getting paid off from my regular insurance agency and called off the dogs, so I didn't get an actual check.

What were the circumstances that caused your regular insurance to pay off? Was this a HPDE event? What insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What were the circumstances that caused your regular insurance to pay off? Was this a HPDE event? What insurance?

USAA paid it. It was at Spring Mountain for the Shelby Bash. I told them I was on track but not racing and slid into some tires, all 100% true. Everyone at USAA just wanted to rubber stamp their portion of the process until one day towards the end of everything I get a call from some guy at USAA who says, "we shouldn't be covering this."

At that point I told him the train had left the station. I told him they had already declared my title a salvage to the state of CA, had paid off my loan at the credit union, and had offered me money on the equity I had in the car- and that I had verbally accepted their offer. I told him to go talk to their legal department. He said he'd call me right back. Ten mins later he called and said they were going to cover me.

USAA paid it. It was at Spring Mountain for the Shelby Bash. I told them I was on track but not racing and slid into some tires, all 100% true. Everyone at USAA just wanted to rubber stamp their portion of the process until one day towards the end of everything I get a call from some guy at USAA who says, "we shouldn't be covering this."

At that point I told him the train had left the station. I told him they had already declared my title a salvage to the state of CA, had paid off my loan at the credit union, and had offered me money on the equity I had in the car- and that I had verbally accepted their offer. I told him to go talk to their legal department. He said he'd call me right back. Ten mins later he called and said they were going to cover me.

Thanks for the explanation.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
+1 on Hagerty, they seem to have better pricing than Lockton and I am much more confident in their underwriter than Lockton's which is specified as a non-licensed, surplus, non-admitted insurer in CA. Not trying to knock Lockton, and unless Lockton's underwriter goes bankrupt this shouldn't make a difference but I just feel better about Hagerty, plus it was significantly cheaper for me. No personal experience filing claims either way, just my takeaway from purchasing insurance from both.

TMO Supporting Vendors