The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lodging for Track Attack/

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson302 said:
I was there from 91 to 98. Was active duty Air Force at the time so lived on Elmendorf AFB. I really miss the fishing.

I was in Anchorage about the same time - '92 to '99. Prior to that I was in Fairbanks for about 15 years.

I miss the PFD. ;D

Do you think it is better to stay close to the track, or the airport? I will be there for the banquet and Track Attack (not staying for the 2nd day) then flying out on day 3.

jlwdvm said:
Do you think it is better to stay close to the track, or the airport? I will be there for the banquet and Track Attack (not staying for the 2nd day) then flying out on day 3.

IMO it doesn't really matter. Miller Motorsports is only a 30 minute drive, mostly freeway, from the airport area.

We ended up with a nicer hotel for less money by staying near the airport.

I was in Anchorage about the same time - '92 to '99. Prior to that I was in Fairbanks for about 15 years.

I miss the PFD. ;D

The PFD and fishing are still going strong. I fish mostly catch and release for rainbows on the Kenai River now days. Caught a lot of big fish over the years but going to miss it all when I move to southern Oregon in a couple years. Good news is that there will be a lot more roads to drive the boss!

GottaBoss said:
IMO it doesn't really matter. Miller Motorsports is only a 30 minute drive, mostly freeway, from the airport area.

We ended up with a nicer hotel for less money by staying near the airport.

^ This.

Plus I was there an extra 2 days, so staying in Salt Lake was much smarter for me.

BLAZN BOSS

has anyone gone to track attack after the first year of ownership>?..........I didnt get a chance due to my work load.

BLAZN BOSS said:
has anyone gone to track attack after the first year of ownership>?..........I didnt get a chance due to my work load.
you can still go. ford wants all owners to have the chance to go. Call Them

Finally got around to scheduling my Track Attack for 13 August. Was hesitant to set a date since I'm active duty Army and not very certain of my schedule but Bryan at Miller was so helpful. They are more than welcome to help us military out! I also was told that there are only 5 available days left. Anyone else here going that day?

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
Well it won't be exactly a year, but very close, just missing the mark by a week or so. I too go on July 3, so I suppose I'll meet up with some of you. I am staying at the track attack hotel the Hyatt. I have stayed at Hyatt's before and liked the service and professionalism. Were actually making a trip out of it, will travel about 5400 miles in all, as we crisscross over the USA for some 3 weeks. The first leg will be the only cruncher of the trip as we have to drive the first 1600 miles to get to the track attack school, after that we can slow down and have a better pace as I expect to do a lot of site seeing.
I made my track date as far away as possible, I needed the time to get the vacation time scheduled and have a plan. I thought about doing a 2-day adventure at the track, but thought better of it, as we can do allot of other things on the trip with the money saved. I was suppose to take my son when we originally bought the car, but he's too tight to pay his way, and I'm not his ATM, so me and the wife will do it together, along with our dog of-coarse. See you there.

We are leaning toward the Hyatt as well. I think I waould rather be a little closer to the airport than the track. We arrive around 12:45 on the 2nd and fly out on the morning of the Fourth.

jlwdvm said:
We are leaning toward the Hyatt as well. I think I waould rather be a little closer to the airport than the track. We arrive around 12:45 on the 2nd and fly out on the morning of the Fourth.

Either way the traffic is not bad at all. The airport is about 30 mins from Tooele. just make sure you get to the track by 7:30-7:45 on your track day.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel