The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gen1 LONG TERM PROJECT CAR Build Thread Profile - Gen 1 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wheels and tires on, she at least looks really good standing still ............sorry she will be in that position till you secure a few more parts. Sorry Rob, but I just have to say this, " Those are just the brakes when doing a rebuild."

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
well it went into the exhaust shop this morning, and was "done" at 4:00.. they sent photos... said "come & get it "... oops.. they forgot the H-pipe.... they will finish it up tomorrow... snow storm predicted for tomorrow morning... should be done snowing in about 26 hours.. so will pick it up Friday most likely... it won't be ready for the street yet anyway, so a couple of days won't matter... lol... I still need to get it plated... been 20 years since that has happened... lots of paperwork to fill out.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Kearney to Wyoming already closed earlier around 5-6 am heading out way! If we get 8-12 inches you may not be getting the Blue Stang till next week, so your long wait may be extended again. Heh, just more time to get all that paperwork ready and since it will get " Antique Plates " it will be a cheap registration.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No worries Bobster, we are patient , but Rob has been waiting years for the Blue Magoo to get ready to roar, so he has to be a little frustrated, yet you will note his demeanor is still rather calm. It will be worth the wait, but it would have been so nice to have the 67 in a garage.

Rob's new Mantra, " The 67 has left Heaven and she is about to raise some Hell !!"

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
I have learned patience from years of waiting for doctors appointments... Oncologist, thoracic surgeon, Chemotherapy, etc... the 67 is a desire, not a necessity... but damn.. so close... in fact, they just contacted me and said, "ready, sounds amazing"... but can't get ahold of my trailer guy this morning... oh well.. roll with it...

IMG_20230117_170301_01.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Trailer Buddy, wow, he is definitely a good friend! You will need to do an exhaust sound clip of "Blue by Ewe" when the weather complies --- now don't be sheepish, we all want to hear your new girl make noise!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors