The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Long Tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking to possibly go with long tubes but live in Oregon so emissions is a real thing. If I can’t find a tuner that will tune it correctly I’m down to the possibility of using the rear o2 sensor spacers. I have heard mixed things about them any suggestions for a possible tuner in the area or if there have been any luck with the spacers. I’m looking at a catted long tube like the looks green headers.

the front or upstream O2 sensors need to work to tune the car, the rears can be.. let's say, made unavailable. I'm not sure how that would look on an emission machine, but they probably aren't very complicated. Does anyone around you have a dyno, or are you stuck with mail in tunes?

the front or upstream O2 sensors need to work to tune the car, the rears can be.. let's say, made unavailable. I'm not sure how that would look on an emission machine, but they probably aren't very complicated. Does anyone around you have a dyno, or are you stuck with mail in tunes?
I could find a dyno I’m pretty sure. I think if the rears are shut off the OBD2 port would pick it up in an emissions check.

Wolvee

Full Time Nerd
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Historic Triangle
Looking to possibly go with long tubes but live in Oregon so emissions is a real thing. If I can’t find a tuner that will tune it correctly I’m down to the possibility of using the rear o2 sensor spacers. I have heard mixed things about them any suggestions for a possible tuner in the area or if there have been any luck with the spacers. I’m looking at a catted long tube like the looks green headers.
What year is your car? Catted Longtubes won't throw a code on 15+. I'm Not sure about 11-14's. No point in o2 simulators (spacers/Defoulers) if you have cats unless your tune is janky somehow. No need to turn off rear o2's unless you have a Coyote swapped car with a Ford control pack which has them deleted automatically. If you do go Catless then O2 sims work great. I use Big Daddies Garage 90* angled units but many times it can be as easy as a couple washers on the O2's.

If you're car wants to be picky with cats just play with it with washers first.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
So far had pretty good luck with long distance tunes from AED. He wants the rear O2 sensors working.
Shaun at AED is one of the top tuners. Several cars on this forum run his tunes. [email protected]

His track tune is great as it leaves the Nannies completely off. By the way, I left the the secondary o2 sensors out and plugged and he got me to put them back in (on a race car).

If I remember right, the reason was that they are need by the tune to check the proper operation of the primary O2 sensors.

TMO Supporting Vendors