The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Longitudinal Accelerometer (lngacc) Issue 2013 GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Palmdale, CA
Help needed. 2013 GT. Have been experiencing overactive traction control for some time, and it's been getting gradually worse. Recently did suspension upgrades (lower & stiffer) and after doing this, the problems have gotten much worse.

Initially was running Sport Mode on track and going into high-speed corners it would hit the brakes and try to make me go straight. Chalked it up to AdvanceTrac doesn't work on the track, and switched to using "full off" (which I know isn't really full off, but as close as I can get without a Boss R ABS Module or cutting wires).

Since the suspension changes the RSC has been kicking in on the street on simple on/off ramps. Also triggered limp mode after a 2nd gear pull on the street. Then took it to the track and had multiple issues with AdvanceTrac getting obtrusive when in "full off" mode. Started trouble shooting with FORScan and found that my Longitudinal Accel signal is hosed. It is flipping between 0 and +1 ( actually almost always at +1 now). Thought this might have been due to a faulty Restraint Control Module since this is where the sensor is supposed to be located. Replaced that, and no joy. Checked my ABS Module by hooking it up on my daughter's '14 V6 and the LNGACC signal was fine. So it's not the ABS Module.

I'm thinking this means it is either in the wiring or ECU/CANBUS. Does anyone on here have experience with this particular issue or any good suggestions on where to start tracing out where the issue could be?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

Do you have anything else plugged into the OBD2? Or anything non-OEM that is connected to the CAN Bus? The flipping sounds like 2 modules are sending info on the same CAN address.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Palmdale, CA
Do you have anything else plugged into the OBD2? Or anything non-OEM that is connected to the CAN Bus? The flipping sounds like 2 modules are sending info on the same CAN address.
Nothing plugged into the OBD2 port. I have the ProCal Track tune and the Xineering Downshift Blip Module are the only electrical mods I've installed. When I get a chance I'll look at doing an un-install and checking the results. I will need to finish the ABS Pin 5 mod so I can re-connect it. no issues right now except for a bunch of lights and a notice that I don't have 911 assist when I start the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel