The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking at 18" square set up. What offset works?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just completed my first track day in the Boss. I had a blast, but my biggest limiting factor was my tires. I'm looking at possibly a 18" square set up with a 305/30... I found a buy on some HRE 18x10.5 +48 and was curious if these would work. There is a lot of info on this site, but I have yet to find a definitive answer to this question.
My car is running Eibach sportlines springs with front camber bolts and rear BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets. Just curious if anyone knows if these will work with my set up, and if not, what should I look for?
Thanks!

FWIW...I run a set of Jongbloed S700 18x10.5 +45 offset shod with 295/30x18 Hoosier R7 tires. Like you I am also running camber bolts (although will be switching to MM camber plates soon).

At full neg camber (about -2 deg is all I can get from the bolts) I have to run 1/2" spacers up front to get enough strut clearance. Rears fit fine, nothing else needed.

To use 1/2" spacers up front, though, you'll need to install longer lug bolts. I swapped the stock lug bolts for ARP 3" bolts all the way around, or you can go with new FPP front hubs w/ 3" bolts already installed for not a whole lot more $.

If you're interested, I have a spare set of un-used 1/2" Baer billet alum hub-centric spacers that I don't need.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have 18x10 SVE drifts with +43 offset. Ran 305/30-18 nittos and Contis with P springs and did not "need" spacers, but would rub on brake ducts so I added a small spacer. Now running with 295/30-18 R7s with no problems onthe same wheels. If you are going to track the car in the future and can swing the extra cash then the Apex 18x11 wheels sound good.....

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Those won't fit without spacers or CorteX offset struts.
Just completed my first track day in the Boss. I had a blast, but my biggest limiting factor was my tires. I'm looking at possibly a 18" square set up with a 305/30... I found a buy on some HRE 18x10.5 +48 and was curious if these would work. There is a lot of info on this site, but I have yet to find a definitive answer to this question.
My car is running Eibach sportlines springs with front camber bolts and rear BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets. Just curious if anyone knows if these will work with my set up, and if not, what should I look for?
Thanks!

Thanks!

They will work, but you will need spacers and new wheel studs. I run the 18 x 10.5 +48 HRE FF15 wheels that Cortex sells. With the OEM Brembo brakes, you will need at least a 1/2" spacer. My suggestion is to by the H&R 15mm hubcentric spacers for the S197. You will also need longer ARP wheel studs.

I currently run the HRE's with the 15" Brembo Pro / Grand Am front brakes. To clear the bigger calipers required me to move from a 1/2" to a 20mm H&R spacer.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors