The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking at s197 spherical rear LCA's. What have you guys had luck with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Dothan, Alabama
Now that I'm done with track days this year until march next year, I'm looking at some improvements I can make to the car. I researched some for spherical ends on controls arms, and BMR, Whiteline, and Maximum Motorsports came up.

What are you guys running, and how do you like them?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I found that the feeling in the rear (of the car) improved with the spherical bearings we put in both ends of a BMR LCA. On the street you do get some interesting noises but well worth it. The original poly bushing had way to much movement

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Dothan, Alabama
I found that the feeling in the rear (of the car) improved with the spherical bearings we put in both ends of a BMR LCA. On the street you do get some interesting noises but well worth it. The original poly bushing had way to much movement

Thanks man, but yeah the car isn't my daily so not worried about noise. Just heard loads of good things about spherical. Just not sure on what brand to go with.

I installed Kenny Brown's new arms.....very nice quality.

store.kennybrown.com/product/rear-suspension/new-aluminum-pro-comp-light-weight-super-high-strength-control-arms

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
I’m using the UMI roto joint LCA’s. Huge difference compared to factory and a fraction of the NVH penalty compared to full spherical. It’s basically a spherical joint with a derlin bushing between the ball and the socket. The only downside is that it needs to be taken apart and greased once or twice a season, depending on how much time you spend on track and temperature/heat. I’m not sure if UMI makes a full spherical joint but if they do, I’d recommend them based on the quality of the one I got and the service.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

TMO Supporting Vendors