The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for a good garage in the area of Lancester, Norristown, Southampton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know a good and trustworthy garage for some basic stuff for a 2013 GT in the area of Lancester, Norristown, Southampton where they keep the car for some time till the parts arrive?

Stuff I would look for are for example rear windshield replacement with a lighter one, front window replacement (OEM) and potentially a hood replacement etc.?

You are looking for a body shop garage or a mechanic garage? For mechanical work I recommend JD's Performance in Huntington Valley PA. For body shop stuff, I recommend Steve's Complete Auto Repair in Hatboro PA. I'm not sure if this answers your question? JD's does a ton of work on high end Mustangs and muscle cars and I have used Steve's in the past for bodywork on my previous cars and he does amazing work.

cbj5259 said:
You are looking for a body shop garage or a mechanic garage? For mechanical work I recommend JD's Performance in Huntington Valley PA. For body shop stuff, I recommend Steve's Complete Auto Repair in Hatboro PA. I'm not sure if this answers your question? JD's does a ton of work on high end Mustangs and muscle cars and I have used Steve's in the past for bodywork on my previous cars and he does amazing work.

Thanks for your feedback, that helps. :)

What I need are just basic repairs and replacements, nothing fancy, so I think both would work. It look slike Steve's would a good choice. You personally recommend him and know him from the past, right?

Yup I know Steve from using his shop. If you go there tell him that Chris (with the Yellow Convertible Cobra) sent you. He did my exhaust for me after someone ran a lawnmower into the rear of my car and also installed a CDC styling bar in my old Cobra. He is very meticulous.

http://www.mycarpro.org/Body-Shop/Steve-Haegele-Steve-Complete-Auto/

GR8WYT

Eric Swarr is a very good mechanic. Swarr Auto, if you look at his website it is basic and outdated. He has been in collegeville, pa area for years and does everything from drag to American iron, nasa, etc. He does a lot of referral work and doesn't advertise. I trust my Boss with him, he is more than fair priced, timely, doesn't accept payment until the job is done and will give you straight honest opinions. Doesn't sell parts except for a traction bar he designed named a Swarr Bar.

I have no affiliation, I am not friends to the point we hang out or talk. I would consider him a friend, like acquaintance and he was referred by a friend in the Valley Forge Mustang Club I joined when I got my Boss in 2012. I don't even shop around, the guy is a stand up straight shooter. His help is good too.

You talk to him, visit his shop, see the cars he works on. His shop is not meticulous, his work is to the point of making sure things are symmetrical, clean, buttoned up etc. My car gets inspected at a local Lexus dealer and they ask every year who does the work I don't do, the guy knows how to wrench.

Eric also inspects cars for race purpose, duty, preps them etc. He turned me on to Metco, every word he said about the product was absolutely true and the company was a pleasure to deal with. They went out of their way as well and delivered my stuff meticulously wrapped and the parts didn't have a scuff, scratch or fingerprint on them.

http://www.swarrauto.com

My name is Brian St.Germain
E-mail is [email protected]
I live in Downingtown, PA
2012 Boss P/W #2989

Thanks GR8WYT and cbj5259, I wrote both of them an email, let's see what I will get as feedback. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel