The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for a roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
Toying with the idea of buying a rolling chassis to build my own race car instead of racing with other teams so I want to see what's out there. I'm looking for a Fox Body or an early SN 95 roller chassis with a cage. If it runs, I'll consider it too, but chances are that it's outside my budget. I'll need the seller to be able/willing to ship to Canada (I'll cover shipping, of course).

I trust my fellow TMO users so hoping to find something started by someone here and they didn't have time to finish, but if you know someone who may be selling and isn't on here, please let me know.

Ok, what is your primary goal, wheel to wheel racing? What class?
Generally I would suggest something like an SCCA T4 class car as they are easier on the wallet

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You have Rob ( RES_22 ) right over in New Brunswick and he has been working on S 197, why not chat with him and see if he knows of any cars in his area or just over the border in Maine. Frankly a Fox Body or SN95 will be cheaper, but it is not that far from what you would pay for an S197 and there are a lot more mods/accessories for that those cars. Rob has run at AMP, so you may already know him, but I would sure suggest going that route. The other reason is most of the Fox bodied race cars out there in the US are pretty used up, and what may seem cheap could end up being quite pricey. Good luck on your quest.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Toying with the idea of buying a rolling chassis to build my own race car instead of racing with other teams so I want to see what's out there. I'm looking for a Fox Body or an early SN 95 roller chassis with a cage. If it runs, I'll consider it too, but chances are that it's outside my budget. I'll need the seller to be able/willing to ship to Canada (I'll cover shipping, of course).

I trust my fellow TMO users so hoping to find something started by someone here and they didn't have time to finish, but if you know someone who may be selling and isn't on here, please let me know.
@steeda5 - you still have your SN95 for sale?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I did not check the date either, as I have chatted with the OP and figured he was going a different direction. Back then he had a Boss and was running at AMP , a track in Nova Scotia.

Yes I do have this Sn 95 roller race car for sale! Just moved from a house I was at for 25 years and have a list of items I need to do about a mile long. LOL Will post a ad for it soon. Need the garage space . Thank you for looking out @67GTA . Hope your race car is serving you well !

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel