The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Looking for a trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Hi guys

I figured I'd try my luck in the Mustang community...

I am trying to find a trailer capable to haul 2 cars in June. My girlfriend and I are importing 2 of our cars from Europe and they will land in Baltimore so we have to go pick them up. The cars have barely been driven over the past 18 months so I'd like to avoid doing the 520 miles from Baltimore to Detroit on the road as we don't know if something will break on them or not, and for once I don't want to take any chances.

We're importing a 1990 Austin Mini Cooper and a 1987 BMW E30 coupe, so the total length is between 24' and 25' for both cars. I've been trying to find a trailer for rent near Detroit or in Ohio but I've had very little luck so far.

I know some of you guys are in Michigan and some trailer their car to the track. I was hoping maybe someone has something big enough to fit both cars on and would be open to rent it to me for a couple of days? We're towing with a F550 so we'll have enough power and towing capacity to be safe.

So if anyone knows anyone, or has anything that could help, that would be greatly appreciated.
We're picking up the cars around the first weekend of June, we'll have a precise date soon as we finalize the paperwork with the shipping company.

Thanks everyone

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Have you looked into have your cars shipped from the port to Detroit?

Do you have the vehicle weights? Could be helpful in determining trailer needed.

Military Move? If so, do they ship to home of record or next station?

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Not a military move, I just now live here permanently and wanted to import our cars instead of selling them from 5000 miles away :(

The cars weigh a total of 1800kg, approx 3900 lbs.

I've had some quotes made to tow the cars from Baltimore to Detroit, and they come out at roughly 900$ ...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel